Children & Youth Cultural Liaison Officer
- Reference: 5124692
Creating great together
We're finding innovative ways to improve efficiencies across Council, so we back people who bring their A-game, think differently and ask questions because they're curious. Here you can carve out a career path that plays to your talents, and we'll provide the platform for you to shine.
A permanent part-time opportunity has arisen for a dynamic, experienced and qualified candidate to join City of Darwin in the role of Children & Youth Cultural Liaison Officer. This is a great opportunity for a process savvy and system based people influencer to utilise their skills and grow our capability into the future.
About the role
The Children & Youth Cultural Liaison Officer will engage with children and young people 8 - 18 years of age from culturally diverse backgrounds who live, work, study and play at the libraries; to build the capacity of children and young people to positively connect with their local library and the wider community; and to strengthen connections between children and young people, the library, local organisations and the community.
The position is rostered to work 21.75hours per week, Monday to Friday 2 - 6 pm and alternative Saturdays 8.45am - 12.15 pm
Key Areas of Service Delivery Responsibilities will include:
- Actively engage and work with children and young people in the library to encourage optimum use and understanding of library facilities and services
- Liaise and engage with local community groups and families to promote a greater understanding of libraries and the services offered
- Contribute to the development and implementation of socially inclusive, innovative and engaging library programs and services for young people (12-25)
- Build relationships and engage with community organisations and groups at the local level to inform the development of programs and services
- Actively contribute to the forward planning of the library service particularly in relation to youth services
- Use innovative methods to promote and market youth programs and projects to connect with new audiences
- Deal calmly and effectively with multiple demands and resolve behavioural issues involving children and young people in the library in a respectful and consistent manner
- Provide customer service that supports library patrons in a self-service environment, including answering enquiries, providing information about collections, programs and services, and assisting with technology and digital literacy
To be considered for the role you will have:
- Certificate III in Community Services or equivalent qualification and / or relevant experience
- A minimum of two years of experience in community focused children and youth engagement and support activities
Working at City of Darwin
At City of Darwin, we're passionate about building and sustaining a high-performance culture that motivates our people to deliver exceptional results. We know that every person is unique, with a wide range of goals, ambitions and lifestyle, so we offer a wide range of benefits and working styles to suit you.
- Competitive Remuneration: Total salary package ranging from $68,858 - $73,938 per annum, depending on skills, knowledge and experience
- Leave: We all need a bit of time off every now and then. At City of Darwin we're proud to offer the generous leave options you need and deserve - whether it's for a special occasion, an unexpected event, or an extended vacation
- Wellbeing: Your wellbeing is important to us. When we're at our best, physically and mentally, in and out of work, we can truly create great things together. We're here to support you to be your best with a number of wellbeing initiatives
For further enquiries, please contact Karen Conway, our Executive Manager Library Services on 08 8930 0210.
How to Apply
Please go to https://careersatthetop.com.au/Vacancies/ & click on the Children & Youth Cultural Liaison Officer job link. Other information to assist you with the application process can also be found at this link along with a copy of the position description.
As part of City of Darwin's recruitment process applicants may be required to undergo pre-employment assessments, such as a Medical Assessment, National Police Check and Psychometric Assessment.
Applications close: 5pm, 05 July 2020
Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.in
Applications Close: 05 Jul 2020