Children's and Youth Services Librarian - Braybrook
Braybrook, Australia | Reference: 6457331
- Temporary Full-Time (12 months)
- Band 5 ($78,881 - $90,250 + 11% Super + monthly Accrued Day Off
- Braybrook, Melbourne.
- Are you passionate about early childhood literacy, family programming and youth engagement?
- Do you have experience designing and delivering programs and contributing to collection development in a public library setting?
- An exceptional opportunity exists for a dynamic librarian to engage and develop children's and youth audience at Braybrook library.
We are seeking a motivated Children's and Youth Services (CYS) Librarian to join our team. Located at Braybrook Branch, the CYS librarian will work closely with the Branch Team Leader as well as other CYS librarians across the Service to build a compelling offer for the Braybrook community. Maribyrnong offers a supportive team environment and an opportunity to make a real difference for the community.
- Plan and deliver compelling children's and youth programs
- Undertake information desk duties as rostered at Braybrook and other branches as required.
- Provide input and expertise to the development of children's and youth resource collections.
To be considered for this role, you will have the following:
- Tertiary qualification which confers eligibility for professional membership of the Australian Library and Information Association as a qualified librarian or related qualification with public library experience.
- Experienced in the delivery of high quality and effective children's and youth services preferably within a public library environment.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to engage effectively with people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
- Commitment to working collaboratively with community and colleagues to ensure impactful community outcomes.
Subject to the candidate pool, we may consider applications from applicants who do not have the required qualifications. These candidates may have the opportunity to be considered for employment as a band 4 Children and Youth Services Library Officer.
Why Choose Maribyrnong?
- Work cross functionally in a friendly, supportive and professional multidisciplinary team;
- Enjoy a flexible and inclusive work environment;
- Work in a meaningful role within a Values driven organisation;
- Relish a vibrant foodie hub at your doorstep;
- Accrued a Day Off every month.
So, if you are looking for a role where you can make a genuine difference and enjoy working in a diverse community focused environment, Apply Now!
How to Apply
To express your interest in this role, please forward your Resume and a Cover Letter via our Careers website outlining your relevant experience and addressing the Key Selection Criteria defined in the position description 10:00pm on the closing date.
Previous Applicants Need Not Reapply.
To download a copy of the position description, please visit our recruitment hub website.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are a child safe organisation and an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to child safety and supporting the best interests of children in all our operations. Council encourages young people, people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Enquiries: Library Services Coordinator, Joanne Smith, (03) 9032 4203
Applications Close: 15 Oct 2023