Circulation & Facility Assistant Team Leader (SCS097)
Wagga Wagga City Library is seeking a highly motivated and creative person to join our dynamic team offering high quality customer service. We currently have a part time vacancy to work on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.
What we will offer you:
- Remuneration of $1,195.06 gpf + superannuation in accordance with part time hours of work arrangements with weekend penalty rates applicable;
- Part-Time – Eighteen (18) hours per week (Friday, Saturday and Sunday) as follows:
- 10.00am – 6.00pm Friday (including a sixty (60) minute meal break)
- 10.00am – 4.00pm Saturday (including a thirty (30) minute meal break)
- 10.00am – 4.00pm Sunday (including a thirty (30) minute meal break)
Your new role:
This position is responsible for ensuring the provision of quality customer service to clients of the Library and assisting the Manager Library Services by providing guidance, support and direction to the Circulation and Facility Team.
Key responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
- Assist the Manager in the day-to-day operations of the Library including staff rosters, purchasing and event documentation;
- Perform Team Leader role on Saturdays and Sundays allocating tasks to other staff and operating as the senior officer for information services;
- Oversee circulation desk operations and maintenance including processing borrowings and returns and library memberships;
- Provide advice and support to customers with information and technology enquiries;
- Assist with delivery of technology classes like Tech Savvy Seniors.
- Liaise with Riverina Regional Library to resolve technology issues relating to RRL supported library management systems (Libero); and
- Liaise with Council’s Information Services Division to resolve technology issues relating to Council supported equipment and software.
What you will need to succeed:
- Relevant library experience and qualifications;
- Can demonstrate your passion for working in a team environment; and
- Are a great communicator with highly developed organisational skills.
What you need to do now:
All applications must include three (3) documents:
- Covering letter,
- Current Resume, and
- Statement Addressing Focus Questions – Maximum two pages (a template has been provided below for use within applications).
- What qualifications, skills and experience do you have that are relevant to this position?
- This role requires you to supervise numerous Library staff. Can you please provide an example of your experience supervising and mentoring staff?
- This position helps to deliver group presentations on computer and technology topics. Can you provide an example of your experience in training small groups?
- Why do you want to work for the Wagga Wagga City Library?
What is next?
Applications close Monday, 25 January 2021 @ 11:59pm AEST with interviews to be held in the week commencing Monday, 1 February 2021.
If you are interested in this role and would like more information, please contact Claire Campbell on 02 6926 9717.
As part of the recruitment process, pre-employment checks will be conducted in line with requirements of the position.
Council is an inclusive employer. We strive to reflect the community in which we work, as a result we welcome and encourage applications from skilled people from all walks of life. This includes women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, culturally and linguistically diverse people, people with a disability, sexually and gender diverse people, people with lived experience and people of all ages.