Client and Branch Services Assistant Librarian
JOB NO: FCRC145302 | LOCATION: HERVEY BAY
- Client & Branch Services Assistant Librarian
- Development & Community
- Permanent Full Time
- Location: Hervey Bay
- LGO Level 5 - $78,293
At Fraser Coast Regional Council our people are our most important asset and central to achieving our vision to Build Better Communities.
What we are looking for:
Do you have a passion for public library customer service delivery?
We are looking for someone with highly developed communication skills and an understanding of the philosophies and practices of public library service, in a regional environment, to oversee and coordinate all functions of circulation and customer service across Fraser Coast Libraries.
Please click here to view a full Position Description.
What you should have to apply:
- AQF Level 7 or above qualified Librarian with eligibility for associate membership of the Australian Library and Information Association
- Work experience in a public library environment and in public library customer service delivery
- Current Working with Children Blue card or the ability to obtain one
- Outstanding work ethic
- Be willing and able to follow instructions, including complying with written procedures
- Possess good interpersonal and communication skills in order to provide excellent customer service and work effectively as part of a team
- Be computer literate
- Queensland Class “C” drivers’ licence
What’s nice to have:
- Be flexible and open to change
- Mentoring, coaching and/or leadership skills
- Experience in a public library multi-branch environment, preferably with public library experience in customer services and branch operations
What our Council can offer you:
- Learning and Development opportunities
- Flexible working arrangements,
- Up to 12% employer super contribution
- Study assistance program
- Reward and recognition
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Emergency Services leave
To be considered applicants MUST supply:
- Cover letter explaining suitability for the role
Applications close: 11pm Monday 26th July 2021.
For further details please contact Tara Webb, Regional Librarian on (07) 4197 4224 during business hours only.
Some information about our Council:
Council provides a safe, secure and supportive environment where employees are encouraged and supported to reach their full potential.
TRAITS is an acronym for the values we consider to be integral to the way we go about our work and serve our community. These values are Trust, Respect, Accountability, Initiative, Teamwork and Service.
Council recognises that it is important for employees to be satisfied in their roles, to balance work and life demands and to deliver quality services to the community.
Some information about our Region:
If you’re tired of the City lifestyle and need a better work/life balance then the Fraser Coast is waiting for you!
Located 250kms north of Brisbane the Fraser Coast is a mix of stunning landscapes, islands, cities and towns.
From Fraser Island - the world's largest sand island to the heritage streetscapes of Maryborough; from the rich farmlands of Tiaro, to the sheltered waters of Hervey Bay.
Before starting your application:
Please ensure your cover letter outlining your suitability for the role and resume are complete in doc, docx or pdf format. PDF format is preferred.
Please note that:
Council undertakes a range of checks and assessment methods to assist in selection, including criminal history checks, Licence checks, psychometric testing, functional capacity testing and competency based testing.
Fraser Coast Regional Council is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women, Aboriginal people and Torres Strait Islanders, people with a disability, and members of racial, ethnic and ethno-religious minority groups are encouraged to apply.