Collection Development Librarian
- Date Posted: 01/09/2020
- Applications Close: 26/10/2020
- Work Type: Fixed Term - Full Time
Fixed-term contract – full time hours (September 2020 to May 2021)
$75,168 per annum
This is a level 5 position.
Recquatic Gold Membership, Annual Leave Loading of 17.5% and up to 15.5% Superannuation
A fantastic opportunity exists for an enthusiastic and experienced Collection Development Librarian to join the Community Resource Centres team at the City of Kwinana on a fixed-term contract. Reporting to the Library Operations Coordinator you will be responsible for coordinating all aspects of the library collection, preparing reports, conducting research, preparing submissions for funding opportunities and providing advice, direction and training to enhance the development of Library staff. This position is part of the library’s leadership team and provides guidance and support to Library Officers in the absence of the Library Operations Team Leader.
This position will also regularly engage with internal teams and external stakeholders.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Experience in a similar role.
- Ability to establish, maintain and develop a library collection.
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to provide exceptional customer service and clearly convey messages to a diverse community.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Specialised understanding of collection development to meet the needs of a diverse community.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with the ability to mentor and lead volunteers and staff in the Library and Community Resource Centres team.
- Tertiary qualifications in Library Studies.
- Current Police Clearance and Driver’s Licence.
To be considered for this position, applicants must address the above criteria in no more than two (2) pages.
For more information relating to the position (not application packs) call Colleen Williams, Library Operations Coordinator on (08) 9236 4301.
Applications close 5:00pm Monday 26 October 2020
The City of Kwinana reserves the right to commence recruitment prior to the closing date.
The City of Kwinana promotes and values diversity to create a unique work force. Applicants from diverse backgrounds, such as Aboriginal people, people living with disability or people from different cultural backgrounds are encouraged to apply. The City has the goal of zero harm for its employees, this includes providing a smoke-free environment and minimising exposure to the elements. Conditions of employment are in accordance with the City’s current Enterprise Agreement. For further information please contact our Recruitment team on (08) 9236 4618 or (08) 9236 4628.
Please note: As part of the City’s recruitment process, the selected applicant will be required to undergo a pre-employment medical which includes a Drug and Alcohol screen test.
- Application Pack for Advertised Vacancies.pdf
- Position Description - City Engagement - Community Resource Centre - Collection Development Librarian - LCR29 - Fixed Term contract.pdf