Collection Management Librarian
Full Time – Permanent (Job #01497)
$78k - $84k + 10.5% Super – dependent on relevant experience, skills and knowledge
- Fantastic opportunity to join a customer service focused team in a large metropolitan library service
- Work in a vibrant public library south of Adelaide
- Deliver quality library services to the community
We are seeking a collection management professional to deliver quality library services to the community.
About the Position
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced library professional to join the collection management team at Noarlunga Library. As a collection management specialist expert, you will be responsible for
- delivering quality library customer service
- contributing to the development and maintenance of the collection which includes cataloguing
- and classification of resources
- ensuring quality control of cataloguing standards to maintain database integrity
- coordinating collection maintenance functions and activities
- delivering cataloguing and collection management training to library staff
You will have well developed customer service and interpersonal skills enabling you to quickly establish a rapport with customers. You will have proven experience, comprehensive knowledge and high competency in cataloguing and classification of library material, collection management principles and statistical analysis in collection management. You will be tertiary qualified with a Degree in Library & Information Management or related discipline.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Comprehensive knowledge, high competency and previous experience in the application of cataloguing and classification policies and procedures (Dewey Decimal System, LCSH, AACR2/RDA, MARC21)
- Knowledge and experience in BlueCloud Analytics and Collection HQ and statistical analysis in collection management
- Appropriate qualifications and eligibility for membership of ALIA.
- Understanding of the role of libraries in the development of literacy and learning.
- Experience in training staff
- Sound knowledge and experience in customer service principles and practices.
Working for Council
Some of the benefits of working with us include:
- Competitive salary
- Fun and energetic team
- Generous leave entitlements including 3 additional paid days over Christmas
- Flexible ways of working
- Free parking
- An expansive health & wellbeing program
- Career development opportunities
- Salary sacrificing options
If, after reading the position description you have any queries, or require further information please contact Kerrie Kemp, Team Leader Collection Management (Acting) on (08) 8384 0655.
Applicants will be assessed based on their ability to demonstrate relevant experience for the position and alignment with the City of Onkaparinga’s Values and Behaviours.
To apply please submit a resume and cover letter telling us how your skills and experience meet the Key Selection Criteria detailed within this advertisement, as well as copies of your relevant qualifications.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, persons with a disability and youth are encouraged to apply for this role.
The City of Onkaparinga advises that the recruitment process includes a medical assessment, confirmation of experience and stated qualifications and may also include psychometric testing. The successful applicant must possess and provide a current Department of Human Services (DHS) ‘Not Prohibited’ Working with Children Check prior to offer of employment.
Please note that shortlisted candidates may be required to show evidence of COVID-19 vaccinations or certified medical exemption prior to attending an interview.
Applications close – 9am Thursday 15 September 2022
The City of Onkaparinga is South Australia’s largest metropolitan council and one of the state’s fastest growing areas. We are a high performing, responsive and innovative organisation that meets our communities’ needs and strives to achieve excellence in all areas. Our workforce of over 800 employees, work together to ensure Onkaparinga remains the best place in South Australia to live, work, visit, play and invest. We’re committed to creating an organisation that is known for customer responsiveness, community collaboration and quality service. Our professional and friendly workplace provides a vibrant environment in which individuals are supported to develop to their fullest potential.