Community Learning Librarian
SALARY: $1,411.58 - 1,617.62 pw + Super
Work Type: Permanent Full Time
Location: Camden Libraries
Do you have a passion to inspire others to learn, create and discover?
We have a unique opportunity for a creative and resourceful library professional to join our Library Programs Team as the Community Learning Librarian. Your drive and passion for contemporary library practices will see you develop and deliver inclusive recreation, technology and education programs tailored to our growing community.
Camden Council has three state of the art programs-based libraries with creative spaces and facilities, alternative lending collections and opportunities to reach our members in new and innovative ways.
If you enjoy a challenging, diverse and rapidly evolving working environment which provides the opportunity to make a difference, don't miss this opportunity to be part of something great.
What we offer:
- Enjoy a 35 hour working week
- Flexibility through flex leave provisions
- Health program including free flu vaccinations, skin checks, and health and wellbeing leave options
- Ample free parking
- Join an organisation committed to offering and supporting professional career development
- Tertiary level qualifications (Degree or Graduate Diploma) in Library and Information Science or related area, and/or proven work experience in libraries or a related area
- Current high level digital literacy skills, with the confidence to support customers with diverse technology including online and virtual collections and services, across multiple devices, platforms, apps and software
- Demonstrated experience in the promotion, marketing and delivery of library and/or community engagement and learning programs
- Demonstrated communication and organisational skills
- Current Drivers Licence and Working with Children Check
- Knowledge and experience using online informational databases and developing and implementing training program.
To meet Council’s WHS requirements and in accordance with Council’s Covid-19 Safety Plans, this position has been identified via risk assessment to be required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or provide evidence of an approved medical contraindication. If a medical contraindication certificate is provided, it will be assessed against a risk assessment and the decision of whether Council accepts the medical contraindication certificate, will be based on operational needs.
Note: “The above position has been identified as a Child-Related position under the Child Protection laws in NSW. Applicants will be required to obtain hold a Working with Children Check.
Further Information: Bianca Luks, Team Leader Library Programs on (02) 4645 -5135
Closing Date for above position: 27/03/2023
Position Description: For full position description details click here