- Closing date: 18/10/2023 11:59 PM AUS Eastern Standard Time
- Location: Morwell
- Department: Active Communities and Partnerships
- Compensation: Hourly AUD $59.76 - $66.57
- Employment type: Full Time Employee
Permanent Full Time
Salary Range $118,090.16 - $131,561.57 per annum plus 11% Superannuation
Department: Active Communities and Partnerships
Do you want to make an IMPACT?
We have an exciting opportunity to join our Active Communities and Partnerships team as a Coordinator Libraries. You will provide strategic oversight and lead contemporary practices in library services and service centre operations across multiple sites in the municipality.
You will also:
- Actively seek business improvement opportunities, lead team development, influence and motivate a large workforce.
- Embed a “customer first” culture across the entire service, through reviewed and improved policies, procedures and alignment to strategic documents of Council.
- Improve the use of data and statistics across the service, to improve the awareness of the impact of the health and wellbeing of our community.
- Establish and lead a range of strategic partnerships with external agencies and organisations with a view to delivering aspects of the Council Plan and Library Plan.
You will have a proven ability to lead effective, high functioning, cohesive teams across multiple locations and demonstrated experience in developing and leading contemporary practice and productivity improvements with data. You will also have high level interpersonal skills with a strong customer service focus and the ability to influence and manage up.
You will need:
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant field, and/or significant leadership experience in libraries or similar customer facing industry.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills are essential.
- Significant experience in people management/leadership or a general management position is required.
- Well-developed business and political acumen, with the ability to embed those qualities within a culture.
Successful applicants will be required to apply for and satisfactorily obtain a National Police Check and Working with Children Check.
Go Further at Latrobe City Council
A career with us begins with a desire to empower and make positive change within our Latrobe City Community. At council you will get stuck into interesting work and experience growth as you see the impact you make unfold right in front of you.
Why work for us?
At Latrobe City Council we are an equal opportunity employer who invests heavily in our employees.
We offer a range of training and Personal Development opportunities including a Structured Leadership Development Program and study assistance.
Our salaries are competitive, and we offer benefits such as salary packaging and access to our health and wellbeing programs.
We want you to join our team and provide the best services possible for a fast-growing regional municipality of 77,086 people in the heart of Gippsland.
Please apply via the Latrobe City Council website www.latrobe.vic.gov.au/careers
Applications are open until 11.59pm Wednesday 18 October 2023 | APPLY NOW
Contact Shay Ferguson, Manager Active Communities and Partnerships on 0427 516 368 a confidential discussion.
Diversity and Inclusion
At Latrobe City Council we value workforce diversity and inclusion, where individual uniqueness is embraced. We value diverse life experiences and the perspectives of our people, whilst providing high-quality services to all members of our community, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, religion, cultural background, disability, or sexuality.
At Latrobe City Council we are committed to providing positive employment opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and welcome employment applications from candidates of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background. Council's Indigenous Employment Program is available to support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent applicants and can be contacted at IndigenousEmployment@latrobe.vic.gov.au or by calling 1300 367 700.
We at Latrobe City Council strongly encourage people with disability and diverse backgrounds to apply for our roles. If we can assist you with any reasonable adjustments in order to submit your application for this role, please contact the Careers team via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 5128 6113 noting your preferred method of communication and contact details and a member of the team will be in touch.
Latrobe City Council is an equal opportunity employer and works in the interest of the safety of children and young people. Our recruitment processes reflect this commitment.