- Reference number: 34182
- Employment status: Full Time
- Directorate: Lifestyle and Community
- Location: Karp Court
- Award - Classification: City of Gold Coast Certified Agreement 2019 - Stream A Administration Level 5
- Salary: $82,758.57 to $86,189.70
- Hours per week: 36.25
Inspired by lifestyle. Driven by opportunity.
That's the vision of the City of Gold Coast.
The City of Gold Coast is Australia’s second-largest local government authority, and our people are united in their passion for delivering the best for our City.
Why join the City of Gold Coast? What’s in it for you?
When you join the City of Gold Coast, we provide pathways and opportunities for you to grow and achieve your potential; we look out for your health and well-being with our Fitness Passport and Employee Assistance Programs, and we offer flexible work and hybrid office/work from home options to allow you to have more time doing the things you enjoy. We have a generous superannuation scheme and an employee-driven Social Club to get you amongst the action!
About Gold Coast Libraries
The Gold Coast community love our libraries. They are popular, visible, and an integral City service that is highly valued by the community. The Gold Coast Libraries' offering is recognised as one of Australia's largest public library service and delivers on the City's aspirations to provide a leading-edge library service. Here at the City of Gold Coast, our commitment to a shared set of values shapes our decisions, actions, and behaviours towards achieving the City Vision and our many City priorities.
About the Position
We are seeking an enthusiastic, professional, and confident Librarian to be the face of our Corporate Library service. We are looking for something who is comfortable building relationships with Councillors and staff across the City of Gold Coast.
The Corporate Library provides valued support to staff and Councillors of the City of Gold Coast for work related research and information needs. The Corporate Librarian assists employees by providing access to authoritative information.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter who takes initiative with a problem-solving mindset. The ideal candidate possesses meticulous attention to detail, the ability to strategise, troubleshoot and resolve issues and be flexible in a continually changing work environment.
This role will predominantly reside in Karp Court, however regular travel to promote the Corporate Library at other City of Gold Coast work sites is required.
- Build relationships with internal city partners, including Councillors and Council employees, to enable maximum use of the service offerings and resources provided by the Corporate Library.
- Plan and deliver targeted information sessions to promote the Corporate Library and maximise the use of the information resources and services.
- Carry out in-depth technical and business research in response to complex customer enquiries.
- Digital content management, including maintaining the Corporate Library Intranet site.
- Procurement of Corporate Library resources, including vendor engagement to end of procurement process, and adding items to the library catalogue and/or editing records where required.
- A natural people person, with exceptional interpersonal skills and liaison capabilities with the ability to build relationships with internal City partners, including Councillors and Council employees.
- Able to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment where you plan, prioritise, and focus on what is critical, with a solid understanding of the organisational context and the importance of providing time critical information to key stakeholders.
- Proactively promote and advocate for the Corporate Library and our library services.
- A forward thinker, with an open and curious mind, you take initiative and are flexible and positive in a time of continuing change, with the ability to respond to the changing information needs of your customer
- A modern librarian, with high level research and analytical skills, including complex database interrogation required to perform research requests presenting results clearly and confidently on a diverse range of topics.
- Experienced at planning and delivering interesting and informative information sessions to customers about the resources and services available.
- High attention to detail and superior organisation skills.
How to Apply
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, then click on the 'Apply' button below to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume and a cover letter outlining how you meet the key deliverables of the position, and why you feel you are a good fit for this role.
As part of our selection process, you may be required to undertake a one-way video interview via SparkHire, and a face-to-face interview or virtual interview via Microsoft Teams. You may also be required to undertake police checks, employment history checks, qualification checks and drug and alcohol testing in accordance with Australian Standards and Council's procedures.
The City of Gold Coast is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are committed to supporting an environment where all employees, regardless of their differences or similarities, feel valued, respected and supported. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander persons are encouraged to apply.
Please note applications for all of our vacancies close at 10.30pm on the listed closing date.
- Essential: Do you currently have a Working with Children Blue Card or have the ability to apply/obtain one?
- Essential: Do you possess a current Driver's Licence C Class?
- Essential: Do you possess a Bachelor Degree of Library and Information Management, and/or equivalent knowledge?
Contact person: Mandy Oliver | Contact number: 0468 586 245
Closing date: 19/03/2023
Job Success Profile (JSP): No Job Success Profiles have been provided
Application guide: Application Guide | Apply: Apply Now!
Gold Coast 2032 - watch on YouTube here