Creative Programs Support Officer
Closing Date: 15-02-2024
Employment Type: Permanent Part Time
- Permanent part-time position available NOW!
- Be part of our customer focused library team, who provide exceptional service to our diverse communities
- 20 hours per week, weekday hours of work to be negotiated. Saturday hours are 11:00am - 4:00pm (weekend loading applies)
- Base Hourly rate $31.47 - $36.88 + 11% Super
Burwood Council, located between Sydney and Parramatta is a culturally diverse LGA spanning across 7km2. The area has a population of more than 39,800 residents living across Burwood Heights, Croydon, Croydon Park, Enfield and Strathfield. With many parks, retail outlets, schools and community facilities to enjoy, Burwood is a perfect place to live, work and study.
We are a thriving, diverse community with an innovative and progressive organisational culture underpinned by strong values and a commitment for customer service excellence.
Located in the strategic centre of Burwood, our Library and Community Hub is an energetic and inspiring workplace with a Strategic Plan offering an innovative pathway for the Library team over the next five years and includes ambitious and exciting opportunities for staff to strengthen the Burwood Community by supporting literacy, digital connection, creativity and life-long education.
The Library team is a passionate group who embody our library values of professionalism, collaboration, inclusion and community driven service. The library is a welcoming place that enriches our diverse community with opportunities to inspire, learn, connect and belong.
About the role:
In this role you will assist in providing high quality customer service to meet the needs of customers of the Library and Community Hub and support the planning, development and delivery of range of creative programs through the Community Hub and contribute to its overall vision as a centre for creative activity, community engagement and content creation.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Demonstrated experience in supporting the delivery of creative programs and events, especially those related to digital literacy and creative technologies.
- Demonstrated experience in providing high quality customer service, including well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to work with culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) communities.
- Well-developed time management and organisational skills with a high level of accuracy
- and attention to detail.
Experience working in a public library or currently undertaking library and information studies is desirable but not required.
- COVID 19 vaccination for all employees (2 Vaccines)
- A Working with Children Check clearance
- Willingness to complete a pre-employment health assessment
Further information regarding this role can be found in the Position Description or please contact Gary Paramanathan, Team Leader Creative Experience on (02) 9078 6114.
How to apply:
- Cover letter (max 2 pages) outlining how you meet the selection criteria for this role
- Answers to the 4 online questions
Closing date: Thursday 15 February 2024 at 11.59pm.
At Burwood Council we celebrate diversity, value inclusion and welcome applicants from all backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We are committed to creating an environment where every member of our team feels respected, supported and inspired to contribute their unique skills and talents for a better Burwood.
In serving our community, we are also proud to be a child safe organisation.
[ View The Job Description (Position Description PD - Creative Programs Support Officer.pdf) ]
Apply with COUNCIL | Apply with SEEK