Customer Engagement Library Technician
Reference number: 13270 | Closing date: 11:45pm, Sunday 5 July 2020
- Permanent Full-Time Position
- $67, 448.34 - $72,834.06 per annum plus 9.5% superannuation
- Support the delivery of lifelong learning and leisure opportunities
About Moonee Valley City Council
Moonee Valley City Council provides library services at five locations across the municipality: Ascot Vale Library, Avondale Heights Library and Learning Centre, Flemington Library, Niddrie Library and Sam Merrifield Library (Moonee Ponds). Services include availability and borrowing of books and other materials, information provision, access to computers and the internet, online services, multipurpose spaces and programs for everyone.
This position will see you supporting the delivery of a diverse range of lifelong learning and leisure opportunities across the 13 neighbourhoods within the Moonee Valley municipality, including but not limited to pop-up libraries, events and festivals. Reporting directly to the Coordinator Collections and Customer Experience and working closely with Coordinator Learning and Community Programs, you will also provide exceptional customer service to library members whilst undertaking regular library branch and administration activities.
- Providing excellent customer service to Moonee Valley community through active engagement with library customers at library branches and at outreach events;
- Assisting customers with the use of technology including computers, photocopiers, internet access, and online resources;
- Supporting smooth operation of library administration and technical services including rostering support, library acquisitions, phone queries, processing invoices; and,
- Providing a quality information service and social media engagement for Moonee Valley libraries.
Skills & Experience
- Library Diploma qualifications accepted by the Australian Library and Information Association essential;
- Demonstrated commitment to the provision, improvement and promotion of public library services with particular focus on developing and delivering outreach services;
- Extensive knowledge of online library services, social media tools and strong Information Technology problem-solving skills;
- Well-developed interpersonal and communications skills with demonstrated customer service abilities;
- Current Working with Children Check; and,
- Current and valid Victorian Driver’s Licence preferred.
At Moonee Valley City Council, we provide a number of benefits to our valued employees including:
- Flexible work opportunities
- Local Government Employees Health Plan
- Active social club
- Novated vehicle leasing
- Employee assistance programs / phone or in person counselling services
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted through our online system https://mooneevalley.mercury.com.au/ and should be in line with the Moonee Valley City Council Application Guide found at the bottom of the advertisement. Applications that do not meet these requirements may not be considered.
For further information, please view the Position Description or contact Nilupa Mahanama, Coordinator Collections and Customer Experience on 0447 644 328.
Our Culture of Inclusion
If you are interested in the role but feel you may not meet the full range of selection criteria, we encourage you to contact us to discuss your experience and application for this position.
We don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our services and our community. With a focus on inclusion, accessibility and flexibility, we'll support you at every stage of your career. We recognise the importance of balance and embrace work agility, understanding that this means different things to each and every one of our employees.
Moonee Valley City Council is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Child Safe employer and we value diversity and encourage people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds, people of any age or gender, people identifying as lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans and gender diverse, intersex and/or queer (LGBTIQA+) and people with disability. If you have a reasonable adjustment, support or access requirement, we encourage you to let us know through your application or email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 03 9243 1122.
- Essential: 1. Library Diploma qualifications accepted by the Australian Library and Information Association essential.
- Essential: 2. Demonstrated commitment to the provision, improvement and promotion of public library services with particular focus on developing and delivering outreach services.
- Essential: 3. Extensive knowledge of the online environment library services, social media tools and strong Information Technology problem-solving skills.
- Essential: 4. Well-developed interpersonal and communications skills with demonstrated customer service abilities.
- Essential: 5. Demonstrated ability to undertake supervisory responsibilities.
- Essential: 6. Current Working With Children Check.
- Essential: 7. Current and valid Victorian Driver’s Licence preferred.