Customer Service and Outreach Officer
Job No: MEL112 | Location: Melton
- Employment Status: Part Time
- Closing Date: 18 June 2021 AEST
- Part Time Permanent Position - 22.58 hours per week
Mondays - 7 hours
Thursdays - 7 hours
Fridays - 7 hours
Sundays (Fortnightly) - 3.17 hours
Salary Range $63,770 – $67,608 per annum pro-rata + 9.5% Super
(As of 1 July 2021: 2.5% EBA increase and Super Guarantee increases to 10%)
About Melton City Council
The City of Melton is a place where everyone belongs. Our community is vibrant and diverse and one of the fastest developing in Australia. Our organisation strives to provide our community with state of the art, excellent amenity, health and wellbeing and to support our community to be a lifelong learning city. We invest in innovation and our people’s professional and personal development. We offer generous leave and flexibility that best suits your lifestyle and a collaborative and inclusive culture. You’ll be able to work close to home and have new cafes and shops opening every day amongst the heritage buildings and open green spaces of one of Melbourne’s fastest growing municipalities.
Melton City Council acknowledges the fundamental role that Libraries and Arts play in the making of vibrant, culturally rich communities. Reporting to the Team Leader Library Hub and Customer Service in the Libraries and Arts service unit. The role of the Customer Service and Outreach Officer is key to delivering priority areas for Melton City Libraries as envisioned in Creative Melton 2030. These include:
- Ensuring customers have a positive experience in our Library and Learning Hubs by delivering high quality customer service.
- Supporting the delivery of outreach services and engagement initiatives to increase awareness of and connect emerging and diverse community with library services.
The Customer Service and Outreach officer will:
- Deliver high quality customer service across the library service to ensure customers have a positive experience.
- Participate in rostered library customer service shifts at library facilities or outreach points and proactively engage with customers.
- Support the daily operational delivery and administration of the library access points including council events, festivals and pop ups.
- Provide support to develop, plan, deliver and evaluate library outreach and engagement programs.
- Provide input in to the development and maintenance of library collections.
To be successful in this role you will have the following:
- A tertiary qualification acceptable for professional membership (library technician) of the Australian Library and Information Association, or Social Services, together with relevant public library experience.
- Demonstrated customer service skills.
- Understanding of community development principles.
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to use a library management system, online resources, computer equipment, mobile devices, and emerging technologies, with the ability to problem solve information technology issues.
- Demonstrated ability to work well as part of a team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Culture and Values
Our vision for our community is to be: “a thriving community where everyone belongs” and that means there’s a place here for you too. Our organisational values represent us as an established growth Council and the values are reflected in everything we do; our decision-making, our actions and our service provision to the community. Council has a diverse and vibrant organisation and we’d love to have you join us to help shape a city for the future.
We are Vibrant MELTON. Our values are:
There are a number of great reasons why our people love working at Melton City Council:
- Flexible Working Hours
- Extensive Career Development & Leadership Programs
- 16 weeks Paid Parental Leave
- 3 weeks Paid Secondary Carer Leave
- Family Room available including Breastfeeding Facilities (Breastfeeding Friendly Workplace accredited)
- Wellbeing initiatives
- Social Club Activities
- Subsidised Uniforms
To read more about our benefits visit https://meltoncity-staff-benefits.applynow.net.au/
How To Apply
If you require further information about the position, please contact Hayley Martin, Team Leader Library Hub and Customer Service on (03) 9747 5224.
Apply by filling out the application and addressing the key selection criteria below.
To view the Position Description, click here.
Applications close 5.00pm Friday 18 June 2021
To be eligible for employment at Melton City Council you must be an Australian citizen, permanent resident of Australia or be legally entitled to work in Australia.
At Melton City Council we care for our people, we’re committed to the professional growth of our employees and support balance and flexibility. If you want to work with talented, passionate people and build a thriving and vibrant community, we encourage you to apply. We strongly encourage job applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities, LGBTIQ and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
Melton City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation.