Digital Collections Officer (200308)
- Full Time - 36.25 hours per week
- $65,988.48 to $70,770.00 Annually + up to 12% super
- RCC Officers' Level 3
A Career with RCC
Redland City Council (RCC) is situated on the naturally wonderful Redlands Coast, which includes the Southern Moreton Bay Islands, mainland suburbs and rural hinterland which is located east of Brisbane. RCC offers you the chance to improve lives and shape your own career. You’ll enjoy diverse work and opportunities to grow, working in a truly special community and a region of outstanding natural beauty. In return for your passion and commitment to moving Redland City forward, we offer great benefits and the balance you need to bring the best you. Visit our careers website to find out more and meet some of our wonderful team.
The Digital Collections Officer provides expertise in coordinating digital library collections to achieve a diverse and high quality collection of online resources for library clients.
In addition to salary, Council may offer a range of other benefits including:
- Access to professional and leadership development programs;
- Mentoring and coaching opportunities to increase your industry knowledge and professional and business acumen;
- Secondment opportunities for career development;
- Ability to contribute to the community and make the Redlands Coast a better place to live and do business;
- Reward and recognition programs;
- Access to flexible working arrangement provisions and generous leave provisions such as paid parental leave and purchased leave scheme; and
- Wellness programs, social club and employee assistance program.
We are seeking candidates who have experience coordinating the selection and procurement of library (or similar) resources to meet the demands of a large client base. Demonstrated knowledge of current and emerging trends in books and publishing, as well as digital services and technology will be required.
This busy role will suit a people person who enjoys working collaboratively across teams and maintaining effective business and customer relationships.
- Current C class drivers licence
- All final applicants for this position will be asked to consent to a police check. Please note that people with criminal records are not automatically barred from applying for this position. Each application will be considered on its merits.
- To be eligible for employment, applicants must have the legal right to work in Australia.
Applications will only be accepted through Council’s Web Recruitment system or through OURspace for current Council employees. Hard copy and e-mailed applications will not be accepted.
To be considered, applicants must submit a:
- Cover letter (one page);
- Current resume; and
- Separate statement addressing selection criteria attached to your cover letter and uploaded as one document. Please read the Position Description and selection criteria-based application instructions before applying for this role.
RCC utilises a merit-based recruitment process which may include various testing methods, such as psychometric testing and requesting the submission of a short video application from candidates after the advertisement closes.
Specific information on the position (200308) can be obtained by contacting Leah Napier on (07) 3829 8105. Applications for this position close at 11:59 p.m. Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST) on Sunday 11 April 2021.
Applications will not be accepted from a third party.