Digital Services and Innovation Specialist
Job No: CN2351 | Location: Newcastle
- Are you a collaborative and creative communicator with experience developing digital content for a range of platforms?
- Are you an innovative thinker who’s passionate about delivering exceptional digital people-centred experiences as part of a multidisciplinary team?
- Does the opportunity to transform online service delivery and be part of digital service innovations for Newcastle Libraries excite you?
- Permanent, full-time role with flexible work arrangements on offer.
Thriving and rapidly transforming, Newcastle is New South Wales’ second largest city and is located 160km north of Sydney. It offers the perfect lifestyle and career environment.
City of Newcastle (CN) is seeking a forward-thinking Digital Services and Innovation Specialist to lead improvement projects to transform the online user experiences through the Library App and other digital channels to offer seamless modern and responsive information and access to our wealth of e-resources and service offerings development.
Working to provide innovative technology solutions and experiences for the community across our ten service points, your key objectives will include supporting the delivery of the Library Strategy, City of Newcastle’s Smart City Strategy and the Newcastle 2030 Community Strategic Plan; taking a lead role to drive ongoing interactive digital experiences on the Digital Storywall; Supporting, planning and implementing projects to facilitate a 24/7 Virtual Library Service as part of the “Everywhere” Library; developing and delivering projects to continually improve user experiences within the Library spaces; managing the delivery and scheduling of Library news, events, and promotions across multiple CMS channels; and managing all aspects of the Libraries Member App.
Additionally, you’ll deliver high quality front-line customer services; facilitate the use of Library technologies, venue hire, and equipment; assist with the upskilling and ongoing training of library staff; and utilise your proven leadership capabilities in supervising our service delivery teams.
At CN our people are valued and have access to a range of benefits that help balance life at work and at home. These include flexible working arrangements, professional development opportunities and health and wellbeing programs. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, a mix of onsite and remote working locations can be negotiated with the successful applicant.
The essentials you’ll need:
- Tertiary qualifications in Library and Information Sciences, Communications, Information Technology or another relevant discipline or extensive relevant field/equivalent experience
- Extensive experience in the development and delivery of projects to improve user experience within digital environments
- Extensive experience in Content Management Systems, App content integration and Social Media with the ability to schedule, curate and generate content across a range of digital channels
- Demonstrated ability to undertake web-based content development projects in a range of mediums such as HTML, CSS, etc. with sound knowledge of web accessibility guidelines
- Demonstrated high level verbal and written communication skills, excellent negotiation, and stakeholder engagement skills with the ability to write business documents such as project proposals and business cases
- Time management skills with the ability to determine priorities and manage projects and competing demands
- High level analytical skills to undertaking reporting on a range of data and business intelligence
- Demonstrated supervisory experience within a collaborative team environment
- Current Working with Children Check (or willingness to obtain)
Other valuable skills you may have:
- Experience using Kentico CMS
- Demonstrated capacity to research, plan and implement innovative user centred solutions for the digital environment
- Experience working with video content platforms and integration across digital channels
- Experience working with a range of technology that could be leveraged to enhance customer experience
Sound like the perfect job for you? Apply Now!
City of Newcastle proudly promotes the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and fosters a culture of diversity to represent the community of our Local Government Area.
All candidates will be assessed against the selection criteria outlined in the position description. Suitable candidates may be placed on an eligibility list for future identical positions for a period of 12 months.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
To view the full position description please click here.
Application Closing Date: Sunday, 22 November 2020.
Remuneration: $78,352.10 + 9.5% Superannuation for a 35-hour week.
Contact: Briana Elliott – Manager, Digital Services & Innovation – 02 4974 5321.
The NSW Child Protection (Prohibited Employment) Act 1998 makes it an offence for a person convicted of a serious sex offence, or a Registrable Person under the Child Protection (Offenders Registration) Act 2000 to apply for these positions. Relevant criminal, Working With Children and prior employment checks, including relevant disciplinary proceedings, will be conducted on recommended candidates.