Doveton and CaLD Team Leader – Band 5
Permanent Full Time
Salary range between $76,959 to $89,497 (plus super)
Between $42.28 to $49.17 per hour
About the business and the roles
Casey Cardinia Libraries is seeking a Doveton and CALD Team Leader to join our leadership team.
- Full Time 5 days per week (35 hours), plus 1 Saturday in 4 and 1 Sunday in 8
- Doveton Library
This is an exciting leadership opportunity to make an impact for the CaLD community and oversee the day-to-day management of our Doveton Library branch.
Reporting through to our Hampton Park and CALD branch manager, this role would suit a leader who has experience and understanding of programs and services for CaLD community.
An incredibly hands on role in the branch, strong time management and organisational skills are a must to ensure your success in this role.
CCL have a shared vision, mission and values that are absolutely vital to our success. They define who we are and how we operate. At CCL we value our staff and encourage them to strive to be the best they can, using their strengths every day
Our library service is important to our community, and we want our people (staff and customers) to feel valued and appreciated. Our team works in libraries because they really care about their community and want to make a difference.
- Library qualifications conferring eligibility for professional membership of the Australian Library & Information Association OR
- Lesser formal qualifications with relevant work skills and experience commensurate with the requirements of the work required
- High level customer service skills
Proven supervisory and management skills within busy team environments
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate with all ages, across all levels of the community
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team to meet organisational strategic outcomes
- Knowledge of collection management processes
- Excellent information technology and problem-solving skills with a range of information technology and software tools
- Ability to manage capacity of branch to deliver an engaging range of programs and services to meet community expectations
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate staff within a team environment
- Experience and understanding of programs and services for CALD community
- Time management, organisational and planning ability
- Driver’s licence essential
- Working with Children Check
We encourage people with a disability, lived experience of disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for this position.
Casey Cardinia Libraries has zero tolerance for child abuse and is committed to creating and maintaining a child safe organisation where protecting children and preventing and responding to child abuse is embedded in the everyday thinking and practice of all employees, contractors and volunteers.
Contact Janine Galvin on 0409 230 264 for further information
Applicants can view the position description here.
Applications close on (9am) on Monday 29th June 2023. Don’t miss out, get your application in today!
Please email covering letter (max. two pages) addressing the key selection criteria listed above plus resume (max. three pages) directly to email@example.com