Engagement and Education Coordinator
Job No: MCCLIBExt011 | Location: MidCoast NSW
About the MidCoast Region
From lakes and estuaries to white sandy beaches and national park wilderness our LGA spans the Great Lakes, Gloucester and Manning regions and offers an attractive lifestyle. We strive to be recognised as a place of unique environmental and cultural significance. Our strong community connection, coupled with our innovative development and growing economy, builds the quality of life we value.
MidCoast Council is a workplace designed for outcomes-focused employees. We value, support and develop those who are committed to delivering positive results for our community and who bring a “can-do” attitude to their work. We empower our people to make decisions, to grow and to learn. Our community is our customer and is at the centre of everything we do. We strive for continuous improvement.
Title: Community Outreach Librarian
This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic, customer-focused communications, engagement and education professional to manage a team providing outreach programs to the local MidCoast community. Reporting to Manager Libraries and Community Services, this role will be responsible for coordinating regular and a wide range of community engagement programs and events. You will develop networks and strategic partnerships with internal and external stakeholders to best tailor innovative programs to serve the needs of our community.
You will be a true leader with:
- Tertiary qualifications in Education, Communications, Community Engagement, Behavioral Science, Business, Information and Library Services or related field.
- Demonstrated experience in planning, developing and implementing innovative and effective community education programs and campaigns.
- Demonstrated experience in presenting and facilitating education sessions.
- Ability to effectively lead and coordinate a team
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills.
The package: To be negotiated with the successful candidate.
- At MidCoast Council, we aim to promote a culture of flexibility and inclusion. You will have access to our flexible working arrangements, allowing you to experience a positive work-life balance and soak up the sunny coastal lifestyle.
- You will have access to further development and training.
- Diverse potential career opportunities.
Location: Upon commencement your normal place of work will be the MidCoast Council Taree Library located at 242 Victoria Street, Taree. You may also be required to be based from other Council sites across the MidCoast Council region.
Tenure: Permanent Full Time.
How to apply:
- Before applying please review the POSITION DESCRIPTION
- When responding to the questions, please include detailed relevant examples of your skills and experience.
- We recommend you prepare your responses to each selection criteria in a separate Word document and once complete copy your separate responses into the relevant section of the application form.
- Click the "NEXT" button at the bottom of the first page of the application form to attach your resume.
- You will be able to review your application before submitting it.
- We will be in touch via email.
At MidCoast Council, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities and we embrace fairness, diversity and inclusion.
For enquires related to the position please contact Chris Jones, Manager Libraries and Community Services on 02 755 7398.
For enquiries related to the application process please contact Tara Collins, HR Business Partner on 02 7955 7229.
Closing date: Sunday 7th March 2021 at 11:30pm.