High Country Library Hub Coordinator
- Location: Bright
- Tenure: Permanent Part Time
- Band 6: Alpine Shire Council Enterprise Agreement 2020
- Closing Date: 17/10/2021
About the Role
An excellent opportunity exists to join Alpine Shire Council as the High Country Library Hub Coordinator.
At Alpine Shire Council we operate a Library Hub to provide collections, cataloguing and operational support to libraries within the High Country Library Network (Network) being Alpine, Benalla, Mansfield and Wangaratta municipalities.
In this role you will provide a supervisory role to the Library Hub and liaise with and provide support to library branches within the Network. This role will also provide technical library skills and undertake cataloguing and ordering of books and materials for the Network. This is an important role to ensure the effective and efficient operation of the hub and maintain service delivery across the Network.
To achieve success you will need to be passionate and multi-skilled in delivering a consistently great experience by providing collections, cataloguing and operational services in a tidy, organised and enjoyable environment.
Alpine Shire Council is situated in the stunning high-country region of North East Victoria. We are surrounded by spectacular mountains with plenty of natural waterways for you to enjoy. Renowned as one of Victoria’s premier holiday destinations, this spectacular region is an adventure and nature lover’s paradise, just a stone’s throw from the Victorian ski fields. It is a tree-change opportunity like no other.
How you'll make a difference
You will lead the Hub team in the delivery of a competent, effective, and efficient operation and liaise with and provide support to library branches within the Network. With your positive and enthusiastic personality, you will bring out the best in your team.
As part of our team you will:
- Supervise, coach, develop and motivate the Hub team to foster a high performing team environment
- Prepare the budget and provide progress reports for the Hub and present to the Library Management Group for approval
- Provide reporting to Councils that allows for the monitoring of their library performance and ensures effective management of the collection
- Ensure network branches are dealt with efficiently, courteously and in accordance with the Shared Service Agreement
- Provide technical library skills and undertake cataloguing and ordering of books and materials for the Network
Enjoy our lifestyle
- Perfect work life balance with an adventure, nature and food lover’s paradise on your doorstep.
- Forget about long commutes and paid parking it’s time for your tree change.
- Enjoy the rural lifestyle and be welcomed by a friendly community who love where they live
- Stunning natural scenery
- Innovative and modern workplace
Our ideal candidate:
At Alpine Shire Council we are constantly looking for new ways to deliver the best possible outcomes for our communities.
With your excellent communication and interpersonal skills, you will be able to work with your colleagues and staff to ensure positive outcomes. You can multi-task, prioritise, meet deadlines, and use technology and software solutions to get your job done well.
Your professionalism will enhance Council’s reputation as a responsive and efficient organisation.
You will also have:
• Current Victorian Driver’s Licence
• Certificate 4 or tertiary qualification recognised by the Australian Library and Information Association
Relevant experience in public library operations, service delivery excellence and library management systems
How to Apply
Visit our website, download a position description, give us call and make your application. We’d love to hear from you. https://www.alpineshire.vic.gov.au/council/careers
For further information contact: Dena Vlekkert, Manager Corporate, 0429 065 192