Innovation & Community Programming Lead
- Full time ongoing role
- Exciting opportunity to lead our Library Innovation & Community Programming teams
- $90,591 - $98,566 plus super
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced leader to lead our Library Innovation and Community Programming teams. Reporting to the Lifelong Learning Lead this is full time ongoing role 35 hours per week. Although a full time role, we would be open to a job share arrangement. Please note regular weekend and evening work is required.
The Boroondara Library Service has a current satisfaction rate of 87%, the highest of all Council services. The Boroondara community value and use all aspects of their modern, contemporary library service. As a result of COVID-19, digital and online programs and services have been extremely well received by the community. This role will be key to harnessing this opportunity and leading the successful implementation of virtual service delivery methods, as we return to physical service delivery.
A little bit about the role
The role will provide leadership, news ideas and enthusiasm in the areas of Innovation and Community Programming.
Under the direction of the Lifelong Learning Lead, the role will provide the highest possible standard of service and professional advice to the Boroondara community whilst:
- Effectively collaborating with Council’s Transformation & Technology department to ensure that improvements and new technology improve service delivery and innovation.
- Delivering contemporary library community programming to meet the recreational, cultural, information and education needs of the people of Boroondara.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and self-motivated leader with a strong customer focus, to join our team committed to providing high quality library experiences to the Boroondara community.
What are we looking for?
To be successful in this role you will have:
- extensive and effective experience, knowledge and proficiency in library innovation, systems and technology that enhance customer experience.
- project management, business analysis and process mapping knowledge, skills and/or experience.
- extensive and effective experience and proficiency in the principles and provision of library services, with a particular focus on community programs.
Qualifications and Employment Requirements
- Tertiary qualification which confers eligibility for professional membership of the Australian Library and Information Association.
- Experience in technology and programming leadership in the public library environment translating to community benefit.
- Experience in inspiring staff and building cohesive teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Want to know more?
Boroondara prides itself on its excellent community and support services. We consult with the community to ensure that we deliver to their expectations with a strong focus on customer experience.
To gain a real insight into this fantastic opportunity we recommend refer to the position description, or contact Kate Brewster, Manager Libraries on 0466 328 340.
How to Apply
Please submit your application online via the ‘Apply Now’ button by 11:59pm Monday 22 February 2021. All applications must be made via the online portal; no applications direct to the hiring manager will be considered.
Council recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce for its employees and customers. To ensure equity of access to employment opportunities, Council encourages applications from underrepresented groups including people who are from an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background, people from different ages, abilities, gender identities, sexual orientation and cultural backgrounds. If you require any additional support or adjustments regarding interview arrangements, please advise the contact listed above in advance.
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia. Council is a child safe organisation and as such, some applicants may be required to hold a Working with Children Check. Additionally, some applicants may also be required to undergo a National Criminal History check and/or medical check as per the requirements of the role.
Who are we?
The City of Boroondara is a metropolitan council, representing more than 170,000 people in the inner-eastern suburbs of Melbourne. A leader in the local government sector, with a reputation for innovation and excellence, we believe in providing an environment where our staff thrive, both in the work they do and in how they learn and develop as people and professionals.
We like to challenge the norm and we are investing significantly in innovation and technology improvements in order to provide our customers with an even greater experience and engagement. We are putting our customers at the forefront of what we do with our organisation wide change initiative, the Customer Experience Improvement Strategy (CEIS).
You will be instrumental in driving this change across the organisation using best practice approaches to successfully support us from the now to our desired future state.
With so much going on it’s a great time to join Boroondara!