- Ideal location - live close to the beach and city!
- Work with a friendly and supportive team
- Applications close 17 February 2022
The Snowy Monaro Regional Library has been servicing the residents and visitors of the Monaro and Snowy Mountain areas since 1963. We pride ourselves on offering exceptional library services. We are seeking a Librarian (Events Coordinator) to join our friendly team. If you have a positive outlook and a passion for organising and promoting, then we would love to hear from you!
What’s on offer?
- Full-time position
- 35 hours per week
- Cooma location
- $64,000 per year + 10% Super
About the role:
- Promote the Snowy Monaro Regional Library Service by providing a high level of customer service through face to face contact, via telephone or email ensuring that Council Policy and/or procedures are followed
- Provide reference and information services, including readers advisory
- Development and delivery of community programmes and outreach services which are aligned to the Library’s strategy
- Promote Technology for Library services
- Investigate and apply for suitable grant funding to support programs and events
- Coordinate displays and exhibitions
- Explore and develop partnerships within the community to deliver effective programs and events
- Promote and deliver public learning programs for e-resources
We are seeking candidates with:
- Degree or equivalent professional qualification recognised by the Australian Library and Information Association
- Demonstrated ability to provide reference and information services
- Commitment to customer service
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of online and electronic resources including databases
- Well-developed project management skills, with demonstrated ability to plan, promote, implement and manage projects and programs
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proven ability to work as member of a team
- 4 weeks annual leave
- Flexi time
- Remote salary packaging available
- Employee Assistance Program
- Development opportunities
Applications close midnight, Thursday 17 February 2022
At Snowy Monaro Regional Council, we are committed to providing EEO and embracing diversity. We are an inclusive workforce which reflects the unique region, community, and customers we serve. In addition to providing an encouraging and positive environment, Council is a smoke free work environment.
Please advise us if you require any reasonable adjustments to fully participate in the recruitment process or perform the requirements of the role.
Position description available above under Document/s