- Apply now »
- Location: Northern Beaches Council
- Division: Community & Belonging
- Business Unit: Library Services
- Title: Librarian, Permanent - Full-time Role, 35 hours per week (2 positions available)
- Salary Range: $75459.63 to $87697.19 per annum + super (subject to skills and experiences)
Stretching from Palm Beach to Manly, the Northern Beaches boasts more than half of all the beaches in Sydney and a population of more than 270,000. Northern Beaches Council was created in 2016 through the three councils of Manly, Pittwater and Warringah coming together to deliver the highest quality services to the community. Exciting new infrastructure projects and community programs have quickly demonstrated the positive impact the new council is having.
The Librarian role is a key role within the Library Services Group. The Librarian provides the technical process knowledge and the advisory subject matter knowledge needed by the various customers of the Library. The successful applicant will be required to coordinate and perform a variety of functions which may include collection management, assisting customers to access collections both in hard copy and electronic formats, leading customer front of house functions and assisting with programs.
- Provide friendly and efficient customer service in a desk or concierge role
- Provide high quality reference, information, and referral services to the public
- Assist customers with accessing services or equipment, connecting their own electronic devices and in locating resources
- Competently operate the library’s computer equipment and software and other office equipment
- Understand complementary services offered by other libraries, in particular the State Library NSW
- Assist in the delivery of programs and events as required
- Shelve items promptly and accurately; maintain shelves and stock in good order
- Supervise, motivate and coach library staff, or volunteers as required
- Operate as an effective member of the library team; planning and organising own work and the work of others to meet deadlines and priorities
Please refer to the Position Description for more information.
There aren’t many employers who offer career and lifestyle in a single package, but Northern Beaches Council does. We offer an attractive workplace, including:
- genuine work-life balance and flexible working arrangements
- employee wellness program and a range of lifestyle benefits
- values based culture and a teams oriented working environment
- a culture of supporting continuous professional development
- high level of technological innovation and systems
How to apply:
Apply online and upload the following information
- Click on the 'Apply' button to complete your online application.
- You will have the opportunity to attach your resume and any supporting documentation.
- Please read the Position Description. You will be required to respond to the selection criteria questions online when you apply. Your response to these questions should demonstrate how you meet the requirements of this role.
- For further information, please contact Vicki Smith on (02) 8495 6469 during business hours
- Applications close on 03/06/2022. Previous applicants need not apply.