- Salary Range $64,378 to $78,111 per annum (pro-rata) depending on qualifications and experience
- Permanent, Part Time role with generous employment benefits including 5 weeks annual leave and Superannuation co-contribution of 15.5%
- Leederville location
Welcome to the City of Vincent. Our community wants us to be a clever, creative and courageous local government – a Council that says Yes!
- Clever: we always choose the simplest, quickest and most cost effective way to deliver our services.
- Creative: we find new and different approaches to get better outcomes for the community and the City.
- Courageous: we will manage the risks in being clever and creative but still take action.
An opportunity has become available for a qualified and experienced Librarian to join our friendly team at the City of Vincent’s beautiful library located in Leederville. This is a permanent part-time role (27 hours per week). Reporting to the Branch Librarian, this position is responsible for:
- Promoting and delivering programs that support lifelong learning and helps to build the digital literacy capacity of library staff and patrons
- Supporting the Branch Librarian in the ongoing development of the library as a community space that supports and facilitates learning and literacy opportunities
- Providing a high level of customer service to library patrons including instruction on how to use library technology
- Recommending and implementing continuous improvements to library systems and processes
- Planning, developing and delivering library programs aimed at adults and seniors
- Supervision of Library Officers and volunteers as required
- Assisting with stock selection/de-selection
- Maintaining shelf accuracy
We are seeking applications from experienced and degree qualified Librarians who have a positive, flexible and continuous improvement focused mindset and enjoy working in a team environment. Previous experience working in a public library designing and delivering library programs will be highly regarded. Advanced digital literacy skills and a passion for quality customer service will also be an advantage.
Please apply online. Applications must include a cover letter and CV evidencing the required capabilities as per the position description, which is available on our website.
To discuss your application or for any questions, please contact Branch Librarian, Gaby Hinchliffe on 08 9273 6092.
The City of Vincent is an organisation that values the diversity of our staff, and promotes a workplace that actively welcomes and includes the unique contributions of all people. The City encourages people of all ages, people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people of all sexual orientations and gender identity, and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Applications close Friday 24 June 2022 at 5pm.
Thank you for your interest in joining Team Vincent.
Attachments:- Adult Services Librarian - Position Description.pdf