- Apply now »
- Location: Northern Beaches Council
- Division: Community & Belonging
- Business Unit: Library Services
- Title: Librarian, Permanent - Part-time Role, 21 hours per week
- Salary Range: $76968.99 to $89450.98 per annum + super (subject to skills and experiences)
Stretching from Palm Beach to Manly, the Northern Beaches boasts more than half of all the beaches in Sydney and a population of more than 270,000. Northern Beaches Council strives to deliver the highest quality services to our community. Join us and you’ll be part of a tribe of people committed to promoting sustainable growth, leading the community, protecting our environment and creating a great future for the Northern Beaches.
The Librarian role is a key role within the Library Services Group. The Librarian provides the technical process knowledge and the advisory subject matter knowledge needed by the various customers of the library.
The successful applicant will be required to coordinate and perform a variety of functions which may include collection management, assisting customers to access collections both in hard copy and electronic formats, leading customer front of house functions and assisting with programs. Please note - this role requires weekend work.
Please refer to the Position Description for more information.
There aren’t many employers who offer career and lifestyle in a single package, but Northern Beaches Council does. We offer an attractive workplace, including:
- genuine work-life balance and flexible working arrangements.
- employee wellness program and a range of lifestyle benefits.
- values based culture and a teams oriented working environment.
- a culture of supporting continuous professional development.
- high level of technological innovation and systems.
How to apply:
Apply online and upload the following information
- Click on the 'Apply' button to complete your online application.
- You will have the opportunity to attach your resume and any supporting documentation.
- Please read the Position Description. You will be required to respond to the selection criteria questions online when you apply. Your response to these questions should demonstrate how you meet the requirements of this role.
- For further information, please contact Alison Locke on 02 8495 6843 during business hours.
- Applications close on 14/08/2022.