- Location: Northern Beaches Council
- Division: Community & Belonging
- Business Unit: Library Services
- Title: Librarian, Permanent - Part-time Role, 21 hours per week
- Salary Range: $76968.99 to $89450.98 pro rata per annum + super (subject to skills and experiences)
- Apply now »
Northern Beaches Council strives to deliver the highest quality services to our community. Join us and you’ll be part of an organisation committed to promoting sustainable growth, leading the community, protecting our environment and creating a great future for the Northern Beaches.
Our libraries across the Northern Beaches Council provide an important literary and cultural resource for all age groups. We offer spaces and facilities to provide a great place for reading, work, or study for the whole community, as well as a range of dedicated programs for children. The purpose of the Northern Beaches Library Service is Libraries for Life, Enhancing Leisure and Learning.
The key focus of the Librarian is to provide technical expertise, subject matter knowledge and customer service. The successful applicant will be required to coordinate and perform a variety of functions which include supervising customer service, assisting customers navigate technology and collections, collection management, and delivering programs.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide friendly and efficient customer service, high quality reference, information, and referral services to the public
- Shelve items promptly and accurately
- Coordinate collection management activities
- Support collection development, in line with collection development guidelines and processes
- Delivery of programs and events
- Understand complementary services offered by State Library NSW
- Keep up to date with policies and procedures relevant to the operation of the libraries
- Maintain own professional education and attend refresher programs as required
- Contribute actively to team meetings and attend training as required, and
- Work across a seven-day roster.
Please refer to the Position Description for more information.
Northern Beaches Council is proud to be the winner of the 2022 Change Champion Award in the Enterprise Category (1000 or more staff). Voice Project recognises organisations who achieve exceptional improvements in work practices and employee engagement. The Voice Project Change Champion Award recognises and celebrates transformational efforts that achieve real and positive change, improving the workplace for employees and supporting key organisational outcomes.
There aren’t many employers who offer career and lifestyle in a single package, but Northern Beaches Council does. We offer an attractive workplace, including:
- genuine work-life balance and flexible working arrangements
- employee wellness program and a range of lifestyle benefits
- values based culture and a teams oriented working environment
- a culture of supporting continuous professional development
- high level of technological innovation and systems
How to apply:
Apply online and upload the following information
- Click on the 'Apply' button to complete your online application.
- You will have the opportunity to attach your resume and any supporting documentation.
- Please read the Position Description. You will be required to respond to the selection criteria questions online when you apply. Your response to these questions should demonstrate how you meet the requirements of this role.
- For further information, please contact David Murray on 02 8495 6854 during business hours
- Applications close on 27/09/2022