- Date Posted: 2 Nov 2023
- Applications Close: Sunday, 26 November 2023
- Location: Northern Beaches Council
- Division: Community & Belonging
- Business Unit: Library Services
- Title: Librarian, Permanent - Full-time Role, 35 hours per week
- Salary Range: $80432.6 to $93476.28 per annum + super (subject to skills and experience)
Who we are:
Stretching from Palm Beach to Manly, the Northern Beaches boasts more than half of all the beaches in Sydney and a population of more than 270,000. Northern Beaches Council strives to deliver the highest quality services to our community. We are proud to be the winner of the Bluett Award 2022 and the 2022 Change Champion Award in the Enterprise Category. Join us and you’ll be part of an organisation committed to promoting sustainable growth, leading the community, protecting our environment and creating a great future for the Northern Beaches.
Northern Beaches Council operates one of the largest and most well-used public library services in NSW. The library network has six physical branch libraries across the Northern Beaches – Manly, Warringah Mall (Brookvale), Dee Why, Forestville, Glen Street (Belrose) and Mona Vale. It offers outreach services in community locations and has an extensive range of digital services available online alongside a very busy calendar of events and programs for the entire community.
Reporting to the Team Leader, Collections, the role supports the management and delivery of the library’s physical and digital collections to meet the learning and leisure needs of the community. Key focus areas for the Collections Librarian include coordination of acquisitions, supporting evaluation of collection performance, readers’ advisory support and customer service duties.
Northern Beaches Council is committed to safeguarding children and young people. Council acknowledges that protecting the safety of children and young people is a whole of community responsibility and is everyone’s business.
Working with us:
Northern Beaches Council provides a comprehensive range of benefits focused on our employees’ lifestyle, health and wellbeing, recognition and career development. In this role you’ll enjoy -
• Professional development and training opportunities
• Employee wellness program and a range of lifestyle benefits
• Values based culture and a teams oriented working environment
Northern Beaches Council is seeking a dynamic and innovative library professional to support the timely delivery of physical and digital collections that meet community needs and expectations. Reporting to the Team Leader, Collections, this role is accountable for supporting effective collection management and development and driving the promotion, awareness and management of collections across the service.
We’re looking for a dynamic and innovative professional to join the Northern Beaches Library Service. You’ll bring contemporary knowledge and experience to a team passionate about making a difference to our community.
- Position Description
- Applications close on: Sunday, 26 November 2023
- Expected Interview Date: Tuesday, 5 December 2023
- Questions? Please call: Theo Stephens on (02) 8495 6466