Community Services | Information Management/Library, Local Government
Community Services – Library and Heritage Services
Permanent Full Time
Why You Will Be Excited About This Role
Embark on a rewarding journey as a Librarian with the City of Armadale, where your passion for providing professional library and information services will shape the library experience for our users. Join a dynamic team committed to the ongoing development and enhancement of library services and contribute to the operations of the library under the guidance of the Branch Librarian.
How This Will Transform Your Career
As a Librarian, you will play a pivotal role in providing professional reference and information services, influencing stock selection and collection building, and supporting the Branch Librarian in daily operations. This role offers opportunities for growth and professional development, and a collaborative work environment that encourages your success.
Why You Will Like Working Here
Immerse yourself in the City of Armadale, located just 40 minutes from the center of Perth. Join a community-driven organization that values safety, honesty, and respect, and work in a diverse and inclusive environment. Additionally, we offer competitive benefits and perks, including:
- $75,291 – $86,743 per annum plus super
- Free Armadale Fitness and Aquatic Centre membership
- Free Unlimited Access to Corporate Library
- Superannuation up to a maximum of 15%
- Additional days off on the New Year’s Day holiday and Easter Tuesday
- Free Parking
- Great team environment
- 4 weeks paid Annual Leave pro rata
- 17.5% Annual Leave Loading
What You Will Be Working On
As a Librarian, your responsibilities will include:
- Providing professional reference and information services to library users, ensuring a positive customer service experience.
- Assisting in stock selection and collection building through comprehensive review processes.
- Supervising Library and Circulation Clerks, providing guidance and direction as necessary.
- Attending local, regional, and state meetings, contributing to state-wide working groups.
- Classifying and cataloguing stock onto the automated database, maintaining data base integrity and authority control.
- Planning and providing services to young people, including author visits, holiday programs, and community outreach events.
- Evaluating and reporting on the success and value of implemented programs.
What Type of Person Will Be Successful
To excel in this role, you should possess:
- Eligibility for Associate Membership of the Australian Library and Information Association.
- Understanding of public library operations in Western Australia and the practices and policies of the State Library of Western Australia.
- Knowledge of digital technologies, Microsoft Office suite, online resources, and library software.
- High level organizational and time-management skills.
- Interpersonal, public speaking, and presentation skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to promote and maintain a positive, customer service-focused library service.
- Adaptability to the evolving needs of public library services.
- Staff management skills and the ability to plan, deliver, and evaluate community-focused programs.
- Current C Class Drivers Licence and the ability to obtain a current National Police Certificate.
How To Apply
Ready to shape the future of library services? Visit our Careers page at https://jobs.armadale.wa.gov.au, select the role, and click "APPLY" Follow the prompts to submit your updated resume and a cover letter outlining your skills and experience relevant to the role.
The Application Process
Applications for this position are open until a suitable pool of candidates is received. This means the vacancy may close without notice before the listed end date.
Applications close at 4:00 pm on Monday, 4 December 2023. For more information about the role, feel free to contact Jennifer Olsen – Branch Librarian on 08 9394 5816.
The City of Armadale is committed to creating a diverse workforce. Applicants from diverse backgrounds, such as Indigenous people, people with disabilities, or from different cultural backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Attachments:- Position Description - Librarian - November 2023.pdf