Librarian Children & Youth (Program Support)
Job No: SSC413 | Location: Sutherland Shire
Things We’ll Trust You With:
- Our Libraries enrich the community by providing access to information, education and cultural services - promoting lifelong learning, literacy and leisure opportunities.
- As Librarian Children & Youth, you will be an integral part of the Library Services Team, contributing to our strategic outcomes.
- To assist in the management of the Children and Youth collection, in consultation with the Team Leader Children & Youth.
- To have a detailed understanding of our diverse customer demographics and be able to create, implement and promote high quality programs, services and marketing collateral.
- To identify continuous improvement opportunities and solutions for business processes and practices.
Things You’ll Do:
- Ensure the children and youth areas of the library are welcoming environments which support the needs of the patrons for information and resources for leisure or learning.
- Deliver regular children and youth programming, including school visits and special programs.
- Be a true team-player with a genuine openness to share your skills and experience to help empower others.
- Have the ability to quickly build effective relationships and have a strong understanding of the needs of young people, within a contemporary library service.
Things You’ll Be Proud Of:
- Working for an organisation which has our community at the heart of all that we do.
- Delivering high quality customer and library services (such as lending, information, reader services, programs, technology and equipment and collection arrangements).
- Supporting your team to deliver customer focused, innovative and contemporary public library services.
- Be a positive brand ambassador for the Library and Sutherland Shire Council, showcasing our values in all that you do - Collaborate, Achieve, Respect & Evolve.
The Fine Print:
- Apply by submitting your resume and a cover letter outlining why we are a great fit!
- Get your application in by 10pm: Monday 28 March 2022
- Interview date: Interviews will be facilitated Friday 1 April 2022
- Package: $82,594 gross p.a. plus superannuation (Salary will be paid pro rata to hours worked)
- Hours of work: Permanent Part time, 21 hours 3 days per week
- To benefit your wellbeing you will have access to fitness passport, corporate membership to our leisure centres, employee assistance program, annual flu shots, health and wellbeing programme and novated lease options.
**To meet Council's WHS requirements and in accordance with Council's Covid-19 Safety Plans, this position has been identified via risk assessment to be required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or provide evidence of an approved medical contraindication, you will be required to produce evidence as part of the application process. Successful applicants are subject to ID checks, Police Checks, Driving history checks, Functional Assessment, Reference checks, Qualification checks, Working with Children checks and Work Rights verification.
Keen To Learn More?
- Click on the link to check out the Position Description
- Reach out to Ingrid Micallef, Team Leader Children & Youth - IMicallef@ssc.nsw.gov.au for any job specific enquiries
- Lauren Dowling, Talent Acquisition Business Partner at LDowling@ssc.nsw.gov.au can assist you with any recruitment related queries
If you want to make a difference and be part of a challenging and rewarding working environment, then joining us just might be the right career move for you! Join a passionate and dedicated team covering a diversity of services, industries and occupations.
At Sutherland Shire Council we do more than serve our community – we are our community. Our energy can be seen in everything we do. From having a can-do attitude, to embracing change and opportunities, being people-centred and working together as one.