Librarian – Collection Development
The City of Cockburn is dynamic and rapidly growing. It provides its employees with generous employment conditions and highly desirable lifestyle benefits including:
- 9 Day Fortnight
- Generous superannuation (up to 14.5%)
- Professional development opportunities i.e. Great study assistance (50% HELP contribution)
- Additional 2 days of leave per year
- Free Cockburn ARC gym membership
- Wellness programs
Cockburn is one of the major coastal cities found in the state of Western Australia. With a current population of over 115,000, the City is dynamic, rapidly growing and an exciting place to be.
Situated just 22km south of the Perth CBD, Cockburn boasts an amazing coastline, beautiful beaches and parks, and is supported by a rich mix of community facilities and diverse employment opportunities.
The library service is seeking an enthusiastic and motivated person to oversee collections within Spearwood library and assist the Branch Manager – Spearwood in the development and supervision of the branch.
The principle responsibility of the position is to develop collections in accordance with customer demand and expectations and actively promote them to our community through the library website, social media and other means of online engagement.
The successful applicant will have:
- Recognised tertiary qualifications and eligibility for professional Membership of the Australian Library and Information Association.
- Developed organisational, communication and time management skills.
- Sound knowledge of contemporary library practice, especially information retrieval skills, cataloguing, information organisation and criteria for stock selection.
- Widely read, with a good knowledge of literature at all levels.
- An understanding of automated library management systems.
- Demonstrated experience in using social media and other means of online engagement to promote library collections and services and collect customer feedback.
Salary: $76,525- $81,411 per annum depending on skills and experience.
Information: Clive Crocker, Branch/Senior Librarian – Spearwood on (08) 9411 3802.
How to Apply: Please read the attached position description and selection criteria for a full understanding of the role before applying.Then click on the ‘Apply for Job’ button on the City’s webpage (www.cockburn.wa.gov.au/employment) and complete the online application.
Close Date: Friday 28 August 2020 at 6.00 pm.
The City of Cockburn reserves the right to commence recruitment prior to this date.
The City of Cockburn is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Applicants are required to demonstrate a commitment to the City of Cockburn values of Safety, Customer Service, Excellence, Accountability and Sustainability.