Librarian - Local Heritage
- Salary: $71,205 - $82,891 p.a. plus 9.5% Superannuation
- Permanent, Full-time
- Located at the Nowra Library!
Shoalhaven City Council is a dynamic organisation serving a large and diverse community; limitless opportunity exists for an exciting and rewarding career. The Shoalhaven is located just 2 hours from Sydney and 2.5 hours from Canberra. The Shoalhaven is home to 104,000 people and comprises of 49 unique towns and villages. It is a place of great natural beauty and offers an enviable lifestyle and positive work-life balance.
About the role
Shoalhaven Libraries is seeking a Librarian to join their team at Nowra Library. This position is a permanent, full time role with access to Council’s variable working hours scheme.
The advertised salary is based on the grade of the position, comprising of 4 steps within the range shown. The starting salary is at Step 1 within the grade. Progression through the salary steps shall be based upon the achievement of performance objectives relating to the position.
Reporting directly to the Collection & Resources Manager, the focus of this position is to:
- Provide, develop and maintain the Local Heritage collections and resources for optimum public access including digital access.
- Promote and encourage the use of the Local Heritage collections and resources through presentations, activities, exhibitions, displays and publications including partnerships with relevant institutions and groups.
Skills & Experience
In order to be successful in the position, you will be/ possess:
- Accredited degree as recognised by the Australian Library and Information Association
- Current Class C Driver’s Licence
- Five years equivalent experience with a team of professional and non-professional staff
This position requires a current NSW Working with Children Check. Applicants are required to apply and pay for this check if not already obtained.
We are committed to creating a positive culture and strong team environment, and offer a range of benefits:
- Generous Leave Entitlements
- Long Service Leave After 5 Years
- 9 Day Fortnight for Outdoor Staff
- Flexitime for Indoor Staff
- Fitness Passport
- Novated Lease Arrangements
- Discounted Private Health Insurance
- Training and Development Programs
How to Apply
You will be required to submit an online application by attaching your resume (please ensure you submit in Word or PDF format) and respond to questions regarding general information about you.
In addition, you will be required to demonstrate how you satisfy the requirements of the position by answering the below questions relevant to the essential criteria as outlined in the job advertisement.
For more information on the application process, please visit how to apply on Councils website.
- At Shoalhaven City Council our corporate core values are: Collaboration, Adaptability, Integrity and Respect. Please choose one value and advise how you have enacted this value in a professional setting.
- Please list the relevant qualifications and experience you hold.
- What does customer service mean to you?
- This position requires an NSW Working With Children Check, please provide your Working With Children Check number.
Contact: Nicole Lonesborough – 02 4429 3714
Applications Close: Sunday, 14 March 2021 (at Midnight)