Librarian Local Studies Part-time
- Share your passion for local studies
- Opportunity to join high performing, agile and creative team closely connected with the Mosman community
- Permanent part-time position, 17 hours per week
- Total package from $34,227 to $43,005 pa incl. super for 17 hours per week
Mosman Council is committed to its community, innovation, the environment and making a difference at the local level. We offer diverse and challenging work with an opportunity to deliver on initiatives that have a tangible impact on the daily lives of residents. The recruitment and selection of talented staff committed to giving back to the community is a high priority for us, as we know our reputation relies on it.
Our employees enjoy many great benefits, including public transport travel subsidy program, tertiary study assistance, health and wellbeing initiatives and annual Award increases.
We offer a professional and flexible working environment with many opportunities for upskilling and cross-unit collaboration. We take pride in having a supportive and progressive workplace culture.
About the Opportunity
In this role you will work in the Library’s Local Studies Team cataloguing, digitising, conserving and organising the Local Studies Collection. You will also be involved in events and activities associated with the Local Studies Service.
You will also focus on the provision of customer service to the Library’s customers and assist other team members.
This is a great opportunity for you to have a genuine impact on our community.
Regular rostered weekend shifts and some evenings are part of this role.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Tertiary Qualifications in Library/Information Science or equivalent and eligibility for professional membership of A.L.I.A
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Proven high level written communication skills and the ability to write both online and hard copy articles and content
- Proven experience in cataloguing library materials
- Demonstrated organisational skills and the ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Valid COVID-19 vaccination certificate
The position is identified as a Child-Related position under the Commission of Children and Young People Act 1998 and the successful candidate is required to hold a valid Working With Children Check
How to Apply
- Apply now by completing the online application form below. Please note you can save your application, and come back to it later. Previous candidates need not apply.
- You will be asked to demonstrate how you meet each of the selection criteria via an online questionnaire. You must answer all required field before you can submit your application.
- You will be asked to upload your Resume/CV and other documentation relevant to the position.
- All documents uploaded must be in Microsoft Word, PDF or JPEG format.
- For further information about the role, please contact Therese Scott on 02 9978 4098 during business hours for a confidential discussion or see the attached Position Description.
- Our preference is for applications to be submitted online, however, we will accept hard copy applications addressed to Human Resources, Mosman Council, 573 Military Road, Mosman, NSW, 2088.
Applications close: 11.30pm, 26 September 2022 | APPLY NOW
Mosman Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
Mosman Council is committed to creating safer communities for children and young people.