Librarian Team Leader - Sunbury Library
Broadmeadows, Australia | Reference: 6536933
- Full-Time, permanent role
- Band 6 position
- Join our City and Lifestyle team.
Hume City Council is one of Australia's fastest growing and culturally diverse councils. We put the customer and our community at the centre of all that we do, ensuring our services are efficient and accessible.
Hume Libraries has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Librarian Team Leader to lead the Sunbury Library team. If you are a motivational leader with a passion for high quality library service provision coupled with a keen interest in community development, this may be the role for you.
What you'll be doing:
- Actively participate in the planning and general leadership of Hume Libraries through the Library Management Team.
- Support the delivery of library and learning activities to the Hume community.
- Ensure the delivery of all localised library services are high quality, high performing, relevant and responsive to the needs of the local communities.
- Lead the branch specific delivery of high-quality library services to the Sunbury and surrounding catchment communities, including day-to-day operations and program delivery.
- Provide inspirational leadership to the Sunbury and Tullamarine Library teams and all associated partnerships and collaborations.
- Build and maintain effective, positive collaborative relationships with all stakeholders in the building in which the library is situated.
The skills and experience you'll bring to the role:
- Demonstrated extensive knowledge of information technology and library applications.
- Demonstrated awareness of the role of public libraries as community resources.
- Demonstrated understanding of the relationship between libraries and local government.
- Comprehensive knowledge of library related resources relevant to the community.
- Sound working knowledge of library related digital resources.
- Demonstrated ability to plan effectively, exercise initiative and use independent judgement.
- Demonstrated skills in managing time, setting priorities, and managing a number of tasks or projects simultaneously, so as to achieve a broad range of outcomes with minimal direction.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, set and achieve goals and objectives.
- Ability to effectively manage employees and ensure adherence to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Work Health and Safety (WHS) legislation, policies, and procedures.
Required Certifications & Qualifications:
- Tertiary qualifications ensuring eligibility for professional membership of the Australian Library and Information Association and experience in public library operations, service delivery and library management systems.
- Relevant experience in the management of library teams, including active supervision.
- Relevant stakeholder management experience
- Knowledge and enthusiasm for working in modern public libraries and a demonstrated understanding of their role in the community.
- Ability to work within the established Library Leadership team structure and positively contribute to the team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to plan, prioritise and organise work within set timelines.
- Proficient in the use of all current library management systems, computer applications and software, electronic resources, and digital devices
- Experience working in an RFID environment.
- Current driver's licence
Why Hume City Council?
A leader in local government, we're committed to creating an inclusive and collaborative work environment that is guided by our values:
We're better, every day: We give things a go and value progress over perfection. We have permission to go for it and are expected to reflect and learn.
We're in it together: At Hume, everyone matters. We Welcome and include all. Respect and safety are expected.
We show up: We empower and trust others and own our work. We rise to the challenges and are expected to do what we say we will.
All for Hume: We strive to achieve our best for the Hume Community. We are proud and passionate about working towards better outcomes and expect they are at the centre of everything we do.
We offer a competitive salary package, professional development opportunities, and a supportive work environment.
A child safe organisation and an equal opportunity employer. Council encourages people of all ages, people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
All candidates will be required to undertake background and probity checks including Reference Checks, Working with Children Check, and a Criminal Record Check.