Libraries Collections Team Leader
- Reference Number:15250
- Employment Status: Permanent Full Time
- DirectorateComm Learn/Participation
- Location: Brimbank Community & Civic Centre, 301 Hampshire Road, Sunshine
- BandBand 7
- Salary: $95,418.17 to $106,158.83 pa with a 9 day Fortnight
- Hours: 35.00
Brimbank Libraries provide inclusive, accessible and welcoming spaces for people to learn, create, socialise, and share ideas and resources.
Are you ready to be part of our dynamic and responsive team contributing to the ongoing vision of Brimbank Libraries?
Bring your passion for library collections and be part of the progressive library team at Brimbank to provide residents, workers and visitors with access to a relevant and engaging range of material.
This exciting opportunity exists for a motivated professional with strong leadership and strategic thinking skills, and a collaborative and inclusive approach.
Reporting to the Senior Library Unit Coordinator, this position holds responsibility for managing all aspects of the library collection, including: contracts, budgets, workflows, promotion and managing the Collections Team. You will develop initiatives that maximise collections’ utilisation and report on the performance of all collections against agreed targets.
To succeed in this position, you will have a community first approach with:
- A tertiary qualification acceptable for professional membership (librarian) of the Australian Library and Information Association (ALIA), together with extensive experience in leadership
- A strong knowledge of contemporary collection development practices and proven experience and high level analytical and conceptual capability
- Sound business acumen with demonstrated financial management skills, including contract management and budget preparation and management
- Highly developed project management skills, with demonstrated ability to plan, implement, manage and deliver improvement in processes, procedures and policies;
- Great leadership skills with the ability to develop and motivate a team in an environment of continuous improvement
- Demonstrated understanding of reader development principles, and proven ability to work strategically to meet and exceed the expectations of library customers and
- Demonstrated understanding of marketing and promotion principles in relation to collections.
Applicants must provide a covering letter, resume and a response to the key selection criteria that are listed on the last page of the position description. All successful candidates must have a working with Children Check and undertake a Police check.
Brimbank City Council embraces our diverse community and work environment and encourages applications from everyone including people of Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander background, people of diverse sexual orientation and gender, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and people of varied age, ability, and faith. Council will give due consideration to any workplace adjustments to accommodate the needs of any prospective or existing staff member
- Essential: Do you have a tertiary qualification acceptable for professional membership (librarian) of the Australian Library and Information Association (ALIA)?
- Essential: Do you have a strong knowledge of contemporary collection development practices and proven experience and high level analytical and conceptual capability?
- Essential: Do you have sound business acumen with demonstrated financial management skills, including contract management and budget preparation and management?
- Essential: Do you have great leadership skills with the ability to develop and motivate a team in an environment of continuous improvement?
- Contact Person: Pam Giumarra | Contact Number: (03) 9249 4170
- Alternate Contact Person: Christine McAllister | Alternate Contact Number: (03) 9246 4285
Position Description: available above under Document/s
Application Guide: click here to view
Recruitment Tips Guide: PDF attachment