Libraries Operations Team Leader
- Job Identification: 100118
- Job Category: Information and Knowledge Management
- Location: Hastings Library
- Posting Date: 18/02/2021, 03:48 PM
- Apply Before: 04/03/2021, 06:00 PM
- Degree Level: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Schedule: Full time
About the business
Mornington Peninsula Shire is Victoria's destination municipality, characterised by unique townships, highly productive agriculture, world renowned landscapes, tourist regions, and areas of national and international conservation significance within a vital Green Wedge.
Mornington Peninsula Shire Council is responsible for a broad range of infrastructure and community services that support the wellbeing and prosperity of our diverse community.
With approximately 1200 employees, Mornington Peninsula Shire is a busy and vibrant workplace.
Library Operations Team Leader
- $96,233.64 (Excl. Super)
- Permanent full-time
- Coordinate the development, delivery and evaluation of the Library service.
About the role
The Libraries Operations Team Leader is accountable for the operational management of the Mornington Peninsula Library Service in anticipating and meeting the information, recreational/leisure, cultural and lifelong learning needs of the Mornington Peninsula community. The role will work in close collaboration with the Manager Libraries, Arts and Culture, MPS Buildings and Property Divisions, external vendors and Library staff (particularly Library Service Coordinators), to ensure that all Library buildings, facilities and equipment meet Council and Library guidelines and requirements. The role will also work towards upgrading infrastructure, processes and polices in conjunction with five direct reports and the broader Libraries team.
Job tasks & responsibilities
- Provide clear and inspiring leadership and coordinate the development, delivery and evaluation of the Library service.
- Provide project support services for the Library’s ongoing refurbishment, review and improvement program, including developing and collating documents and reports, monitoring and reporting on project progress against milestones and identifying project issues.
- Oversee the Library facilities, and actively make recommendations on Library space planning, Library furniture, equipment, shelving and security, evaluating these against changing student needs and emerging trends in public libraries.
- Build and sustain effective working relationships with a network of internal and external contacts to facilitate excellent communication and the delivery of effective project management services.
- Ensure a healthy and safe workplace for staff and students by advocating and adhering to OHS policy, legislation and best practice, including regular safety inspections and risk assessments, mentoring and providing support to the Library Emergency Wardens, modelling the use of OHS online platforms and reviewing work procedures and incidents.
Skills, experience and other requirements
- Tertiary qualification(s) and/or substantial experience in Libraries.
- Proven experience in managing Library facilities including continuous improvement practices.
- Demonstrated highly developed financial skills and proven ability to deliver complex and large-scale creative projects on time, within scope and on budget.
- A highly developed understanding of general occupational health and safety principles and public safety principles.
- Well-developed planning, organisational, reporting and documenting skills.
- An Employee Working with Children Check
- Preparedness to undertake an Australian Criminal History Check
- A valid Driver’s Licence
Please review the Position Description in full, for specific information about this role.
Click 'Apply' this will take you to the job listing on our job application portal where you can commence the application process.
Please provide your CV and a one-page cover letter addressing the key selection criteria by 6pm, Thursday 4 March 2021.
The Mornington Peninsula Shire is committed to creating a diverse and safe environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and Child Safe employer. We welcome applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander; have a disability; and/or a culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) background.
Applicants must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
For a confidential discussion about this exciting opportunity, please contact Manager Libraries, Arts & Culture Karina Lamb, on, 0434 933 545