Library and Reader Development Team Leader
- Reference Number: 19003
- Position: Library and Reader Development Team Leader
- Employment Type: Permanent
- Branch: Creative City
- Location: North Melbourne Library, 66 Errol Street
$95,177 to 107,129 Salary plus 10% Superannuation
We are the City of Melbourne, a City of possibility and place to be bold and inspirational.
We are rapidly transforming to meet the evolving challenges faced by a global city. With a vision of being a leading organisation for a leading capital city, our mission is to create positive impact for our community. Each day, we work with passion and purpose so that together we achieve incredible things.
Together we Make the Difference
How this position will Make the Difference to City of Melbourne…
- Contribute to the City of Melbourne Libraries leadership team to develop and deliver a library service that leaves no one behind through leadership and continuous improvement.
- Deliver key activities in the CoM Libraries Framework and Council plan in relevant areas of responsibility.
- Provide leadership and guidance in reader development to ensure the delivery of high quality targeted services and resources that assist and inspire people to enjoy reading.
- Engage the community with the library collections – print and digital.
- Actively participate in the Library Leadership groups, including the Library Services Team, to develop policies and long term planning for the library service.
- Manage a library branch, ensuring the creation of welcoming community spaces, occupational health and safety compliance, team development and customer service excellence.
What you will bring… (Selection criteria)
- Ability to demonstrate and display City of Melbourne Values – accountability, integrity, courage, respect for self and others, and striving for excellence.
- Eligibility for professional membership of the Australian Library and Information Association (ALIA).
- Proven ability to lead, develop and motivate a team.
- Excellent knowledge of the role of reader development in public libraries.
- Experience in managing a library branch.
- Proven ability to develop and implement innovative library programs and collection promotions.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in cross functional teams and with professional organisations.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills.
- Ability to effectively deal with challenging situations to deliver optimal outcomes.
By joining us, you will become part of a remarkable team who work in a constructive and inclusive culture to shape the future of this city. Together, we champion difference, celebrate achievement and recognise positive impact.
To view the position description and physical requirements of this position, please see Document\s above for Position Information
It is a mandatory requirement of the City Of Melbourne for all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
How to apply…
As part of the online application form you are required to answer the below questions:
- attach your resume
- respond to the selection criteria, in a separate document (no more than two pages), as listed above under ‘What you will bring…’
Please address your covering letter to Shirley Bateman
Applications will be accepted up until 11:45pm 21 August 2022.
City of Melbourne is proud to be a workplace that champions diversity. Our commitment is for our people to be safe, included and supported so that they can be at their best. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from people regardless of their gender identity and expression, ethnicity, cultural background, sexual orientation, disability and age. We look for the right values, skills and knowledge to build our capabilities so that we can best deliver for our community.
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org