- Posted: 20 April 2021
- Closes: 04 May 2021
- Location: Dee Why, New South Wales
- Tenure: Part-time
Division: Community & Belonging
Business Unit: Library Services
Title: Library Assistant, Temporary (up to 6 months) - Part-time Role, 42 hours per fortnight
Salary Range: $56,224.99 to $65,342.84 per annum on pro rata basis + super (subject to skills and experiences)
Stretching from Palm Beach to Manly, the Northern Beaches boasts more than half of all the beaches in Sydney and a population of more than 270,000. Northern Beaches Council was created in 2016 through the three councils of Manly, Pittwater and Warringah coming together to deliver the highest quality services to the community. Exciting new infrastructure projects and community programs have quickly demonstrated the positive impact the new council is having.
Reporting to the Library Manager, the key focus of the Library Assistant is to provide a range of quality customer-focused services and ensure the community is served effectively and efficiently according to library guidelines as a member of the library team.
• Provide effective service to library customers and staff
• Provide assistance to customers with enquiries and research
• Assist clients to locate library materials
• Assist clients to use library equipment, materials and services
• Assist with maintenance of appearance, safety and security of library and library equipment
• Contribute to collection development
• Liaise with library suppliers as directed, and
• Attend meetings as required.
• Assist and deliver children’s programmes and events as required
Please refer to the Position Description for more information.
There aren’t many employers who offer career and lifestyle in a single package, but Northern Beaches Council does. We offer an attractive workplace, including:
- genuine work-life balance and flexible working arrangements
- employee wellness program and a range of lifestyle benefits
- values based culture and a teams oriented working environment
- a culture of supporting continuous professional development
- high level of technological innovation and systems
How to apply:
Apply online and upload the following information
- Click on the 'Apply' button to complete your online application.
- You will have the opportunity to attach your resume and any supporting documentation.
- Please read the Position Description. You will be required to respond to the selection criteria questions online when you apply. Your response to these questions should demonstrate how you meet the requirements of this role.
- For further information, please contact Liam Pucher on (02) 8495 6468 during business hours.
- Applications close on 04/05/2021