- Job Number:498911
- Division:Community & Environment
- Employment Status:Casual
- Categories:Cultural Services
- Casual | $40.07 per hour (including casual loading) + super (10.5%)
Qld Local Government Industry Award (Stream A) - Level 1 of the MBRC EBA4 Certified Agreement
- Casual library assistants may be required to work at our library branches at Albany Creek, Arana Hills, Bribie Island, Burpengary, Caboolture, Deception Bay, North Lakes, Redcliffe, Strathpine and Woodford.
- Throughout the online application process you will be requested to indicate your time/ day availability and location preferences.
- Click here to find out more information on our branch locations and opening hours to get a guide of potential shift times.
About our opportunity
We are seeking to add a number of additional team members to our casual Library Assistant pool, supporting our 10 library branches as required, and providing a quality, friendly service to the region!
As a Library Assistant, you will be focused on providing library customers with positive service experiences and general assistance in their use of library resources and services. This will include:
- Assisting patrons with using computers, internet and navigating the library catalogue.
- Providing guidance with self-service options for loans, returns, printing and copying.
- Processing customer loans, returns, reservation requests, payments, and updating membership records.
- Assisting in the promotion, preparation and delivery of library activities and programs.
The Library Services team forms part of our Cultural Services Department, which aims to provide engaging leisure and learning experiences by connecting people to resources and each other. We strive for excellence when delivering exhibitions, information, collections, programs and spaces for our community and visitors.
Click here to learn more about the great programs and services currently underway in our libraries across the region.
We are seeking expressions of interest from people with a genuine interest in being a positive member of our library team and in providing exceptional service to customers.
You will have the technical aptitude to provide basic assistance on public computers and the library catalogue, and the interpersonal skills to effectively communicate and interact with a diverse customer base and a wide range of stakeholders.
Your knowledge of Public Library systems, collections, programs and information services will be paired with an enthusiasm to utilise your emerging skills to provide quality support to our teams.
You will hold a valid Qld Working with Children blue card, or be eligible and willing to obtain prior to commencement.
Click here for Position Description
Why join the MBRC Team?
As the third largest local government area in Australia and the fifth fastest growing region, the Moreton Bay Region boasts beautiful beaches and waterways, amazing manufacturing hubs and picturesque hinterland hamlets. Moreton Bay has a strong and connected community that enjoys all the traditional Jinibara, Kabi Kabi and Turrbal country has to offer within our region.
With a diverse workforce of more than 2000 team members dedicated to servicing the needs and enhancing the lifestyle of more than 479,000 residents, each team member has an intrinsic ability to impact our community. Whether you’re a manager or working on the frontline, your role will make a difference - bring your expertise and join our driven team today.
How to Apply
Click on the 'Apply' button below to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role.
Please note: applicants will be required to undergo a National Police History Check as part of the recruitment process for this role.
To obtain further details please contact our Careers team at email@example.com.
For more information about Moreton Bay Regional Council and to stay across what's happening in our region, follow us on LinkedIn.
*Applications will close, Sunday 4 June 2023.
Applications close: 04 Jun 2023 23:55