Job No: BDBRC1060 | Location: Gin Gin
$45.08 per hour
Casual (Monday - Saturday)
Community & Environment
Are you ready to join our team and build Australia's best regional community?
Here at Bundaberg Regional Council, our vision is bold but simple, to build Australia’s best regional community. In order to achieve this, we’ve created a culture that’s centered on our core values. To be a Council that is customer-focused, respectful and prides itself on teamwork, diversity, sustainability, and innovation.
Uniquely positioned north of Brisbane in Queensland, Australia, the Bundaberg Region is one of Australia’s fastest-growing regional cities and the gateway to the Southern Great Barrier Reef. The Bundaberg Region boasts the most equitable climate in Australia and rates fifth in the world alongside Hawaii. Noted for its environmental excellence, pristine waterways, and proximity to the Great Barrier Reef, the Bundaberg Region showcases everything that nature’s palette can create.
About The Opportunity
Your role as a Library Assistant is to assist in the provision of high-quality library services, assisting members of the public with the use of the library, its resources and technologies. In addition to this, you will provide support with the running of library programs, whilst providing exceptional customer service
This role will work predominately in Gin Gin but will be required to work in Bundaberg and Childers as required.
- You have previous experience as a Library assistant in a library, or in a customer service role
- Demonstrated Interpersonal and customer service skills
- Possess sound level use of computer software including MS Office Suite
- Sound knowledge of internet programs and devices
- Have the ability to work independently or in a team, in a professional and positive manner
- Good organisational and communication skills (both written & verbal) and problem solving skills
- The ability to manage your time effectively, prioritise tasks and meet deadlines
- Live and uphold the Council's values
What we offer
- A competitive hourly rate
- Opportunities for professional development training and study assistance to enhance your career progression
- Work within a culture that promotes a healthy work-life balance and a friendly and supportive team
- An all-inclusive and diverse workplace culture where everyone feels valued
The Selection Process
We celebrate our community's rich diversity and are committed to attracting and employing people that represent the community that we serve. We recognise and appreciate the diversity of our employees and are committed to creating an inclusive and safe working environment where all employees are valued, respected and supported to achieve their potential. We are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and encourage people of all backgrounds to apply.
The preferred candidate will be required to undergo a National Police Check and Pre-employment medicals (which may include drug and alcohol testing), as part of the recruitment process.
How to Apply
Closing Date: Thursday 7 December 2023 11.30 pm AEST
Applications that do not meet the above requirements may not be shortlisted. The advertisement will be closed either when a successful applicant is identified or on Thursday 7 December 2023, whichever is sooner.
Thank you for your interest in this position. We look forward to receiving your application.