Library Assistant - Casual
Community Environment and Lifestyle - Community and Lifestyle | Information Management/Library
Closing date: 18/10/2023
- Casual position working across all Library branches, 6 positions available
- Deliver Library Services, Programs and Experiences for all ages
- Certificate III in Library and Information studies or equivalent qualifications or experience
- LGO2 ($41.49 - $45.18 per hour + superannuation) based on skills, qualifications and experience
Why Choose Us
Townsville City Council is the largest local government authority in Northern Australia.
We are committed to creating value by growing Townsville through driving economic diversity and generating an enriching lifestyle.
Our organisation provides and maintains over $7b worth of community assets including water and wastewater network and treatment, bridges, drainage, roads, waste management, community facilities, sporting venues and more. We contribute to an active lifestyle for our residents and visitors through events, providing recreational facilities, protecting the natural environment and heritage, while creating a mentally and physically healthy city.
We lead creation of a city for this and future generations by focusing on our transition to a circular economy that is resilient to social, financial and environmental shocks.
We are a Council led by our community to create an exciting and dynamic future.
Townsville City Council is growing Townsville.
About the role
Our Library Assistants provide customer service shifts as rostered, across all branches and the full range of hours, accepting and successfully resolving complex customer enquiries. They also provide support to the learning and information team, in the delivery of programs and experiences and the activation of library spaces including the setting up and packing down of equipment and engaging with community members. They undertake a variety of general duties necessary to the provision of the delivery of library services including courier runs, collection of statistics and preparation of reports from the library management system.
To be considered for this role you will need:
- Certificate III in Library and Information studies, or equivalent qualifications and/or experience acceptable to the Co-ordinator, Library Operations and Resources.
- Well developed skills and focus on understanding a wide range of customer needs and offering services that enhance the customer’s experience.
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills, with an ability to communicate with a diverse customer base and work as part of a team in a supportive and collaborative work culture.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise judgement and initiative where procedures and practices are not clearly defined.
- Well developed information fluency skills across a range of technology applications.
- Ability and enthusiasm to learn new processes, practices and procedures which contribute towards Library objectives.
- Current ‘C’ class driver’s licence.
- Weekend and evening work will be required across all library branches, along with an appropriate level of fitness for prolonged periods of standing and shelving of large books and other library materials.
For further information review the Position Description and/or click Apply.
Applications should be submitted through the 'Apply' button and include a Cover Letter (maximum 2 pages), Resume outlining previous academic and work experience and must include attachments of the relevant qualifications and licenses, relating to the role.
Closing Date: 11.45pm Wednesday 18 October 2023
What We Offer
- Up to *13.5% Superannuation employer contribution for contributing members
- Salary Sacrifice opportunities
- Learning and Development opportunities
- Fitness Passport program offering discounted membership to selected gym, pool, and yoga facilities
- Employee Loyalty Program offering discounts at selected local businesses
- Employee Assistance Program
- Active Family Social Club
- Flexible working arrangements
We are committed to creating a safe and inclusive workplace where diverse styles, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives are valued, encouraged, and respected. People from diverse backgrounds (including but not limited to, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, people with diverse gender identities and sexualities, people from different cultural and linguistic backgrounds, people with disability, and veterans) are encouraged to apply!
If you need any adjustments to be made to the recruitment process or if you would like to discuss any accessibility requirements, please contact email@example.com for a confidential discussion.
Attachments:- Various_Library Assistant - Casual_Updated_PD_20Apr2023.pdf