Library Assistant - Customer Services
Reference Number: S100-21-713
Closing Date: 28-02-2021
Employment Type: Permanent Part Time
- Permanent part time opportunity - 6 hours per day on Saturday
- Join a state-of-the-art library
- $34.35 to $40.99 per hour plus superannuation plus weekend penalties
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for a part time Library Assistant to join our team at Woollahra Libraries.
As a Library Assistant, you will work collaboratively with a team of Library Customer Service staff who are responsible for providing a high standard of information and customer service to the community across all areas of our libraries.
The role of the Library Assistant is a diverse and exciting role in that no two days are ever the same! Some of your tasks will include responding to Customer enquiries, setting up new library memberships, providing tech help, supporting the Library Events team with special events, assisting customers to find information and library resources they require.
The part time hours are Saturday 10:00am – 4:30pm
We are looking for a passionate and enthusiastic team member who demonstrates a high level of customer service and has a can-do attitude. In addition, the successful applicant will have previous experience working in a similar role and will be confident with the use of a range of computer and technology systems.
You will be a high achiever with:
- Demonstrated experience in library operations or customer service.
- An enthusiastic and engaging approach to providing excellent customer service.
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills including social media.
- Demonstrated time management, prioritisation and organisational skills.
- Competency in all MS Office applications including Word, Excel, Outlook and Publisher.
- Well-developed knowledge and skills in Library technology with the ability to assist customers in the use of such technology.
- Demonstrated ability to work as both a team member and independently.
- Demonstrated commitment to learning and continuous self-improvement as well as a positive approach to change, flexibility and adaptability in the work environment.
- Current Working with Children Check.
Please view the full list of essential and desirable criteria on page of the position description.
How to Apply
- Apply on line by clicking the 'APPLY NOW' button.
- You will be asked to demonstrate how you meet each of the selection criteria.
- If you have a separate statement addressing the selection criteria, please upload it as a cover letter and simply refer to it in the online questionnaire.
- You will be able to upload 2 documents only.
- For information on applying for Council jobs, please refer to https://www.woollahra.nsw.gov.au/council/employment/recruitment_and_selection_process
- For further information about the role, please contact Corinna Pierce, Library Customer Service Coordinator on 02 9391 7005 during business hours.
- Our preference is for applications to be submitted online, however, we will accept hard copy applications addressed to Human Resources, Woollahra Council, PO Box 61, Double Bay, NSW, 1360.
CLOSING DATE: 11:59pm Sunday, 28th February 2020
Woollahra Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application.