Library Assistant - Forbes Library
- Posted: 26/05/2021
- Closing Date: 13/06/2021
- Job Type: Casual
- Location: Orange City Council
- Job Category: Advertising, Media, Arts & Entertainment
Hourly Salary: $29.51
(plus allowances and superannuation)
You can view the full position description HERE
About Central West Libraries
Central West Libraries is a regional library service located on the Central Tablelands and Western Slopes of New South Wales. Established in 1958 the Library encompasses the Local Government areas of Orange, Blayney, Cabonne, Cowra and Forbes. There are branches at Blayney, Canowindra, Cowra, Forbes, Manildra, Molong and Orange. The Library’s support and administrative units are located in the Orange City Library building.
For more information about Central West Libraries click here.
A great opportunity exists to join the Forbes CWL Team, as a casual Library Assistant.
In these roles you will be responsible for providing friendly and professional customer service to library patrons and visitors including:
- Providing lending and basic information services to library patrons
- Providing reader’s advisory and reference services to library patrons
- Operating the Library Management System (LMS) for circulation and enquiry functions
- Assisting patrons to use IT resources and applications
- Shelving and tidying resources accurately
- Taking payments and ensuring accurate cash handling
- Previous library experience is desirable
- Well-developed communication skills both verbal and written including the capacity to interact with all levels of staff and the community while maintaining effective customer service and relationship management
- Digital literacy skills in the use of a variety of technology including applications and systems used within libraries
- Ability and availability to work within a roster which may include evenings and weekends
- A love of reading
So what do you need?
To be successful in this role you will need a current NSW Class C Drivers Licence as well as the ability to achieve a satisfactory criminal background check and Working With Children Check (or ability to obtain before starting).
To apply, please click Apply. A cover letter is not required, however, there are screening questions that must be answered to apply for the position. You can also save and return to your job application at any time prior to the closing date.
If you have any queries relating to this role, please contact Forbes Branch Librarian, Bronwyn Clarke, on (02) 6852 1463.
Applications close Monday 14 June 2021
- Where additional candidates are found suitable from this round of recruitment a talent list or pool may be created for filling any similar permanent or temporary roles that may become vacant over the next twelve months.