Library Assistant - Part Time
Job No: COR832 | Location: Ryde
- Join one of Sydney’s most progressive library services
- High level customer service role
- Permanent, part time position, 14 hours per week, based at Ryde Libraries
About the City of Ryde Library Service
The City of Ryde library service comprises of five branches at Ryde, North Ryde, Eastwood, West Ryde and Gladesville as well as a significant online library. Our libraries are places of social inclusion where members of our community borrow items for leisure and lifelong learning, learn about new technology, participate in activities, attend children’s and adults’ programs, and carry out research for school assignments or business projects. They are lively, busy places and serve a culturally diverse customer base.
About the Role
Library Assistants are our front line customer service staff and work in all areas of the library. They are passionate about giving back to the community. This is a significant role in the Ryde Library which provides valuable support to the Team Leader in regards to collection maintenance and team communication as well as a variety of tasks which range from helping a customer to locate information on the internet, finding a needed book or magazine and assisting in maintaining a neat, welcoming library. This part-time, 14 hours per week position is located at Ryde Library; however, you must be available to work at any of the Ryde Library branches if required. The hours of this position will be as follows:
- Saturday: 9am – 5pm
- Sunday: 2pm – 5pm
- Monday: 9am – 1pm
Your commencing rate of pay will be between $977.30 - $1,148.33 per week pro rata, plus superannuation, subject to your library qualifications and experience.
Please note: If you are currently employed as a casual library assistant by City of Ryde and are successful in being offered a permanent position you will no longer be offered casual shifts.
You will have exceptional customer service skills and enthusiasm to help our diverse range of public library users whether it be to find a book or troubleshoot technology. In addition you should have:
- Exceptional teamwork skills with proven experience to also work independently
- Adaptable approach to tasks with the ability to prioritise and multi-task
- Experience in a vibrant customer service focused role
- Experience providing customer service in a busy environment
- Completion of a library qualification or have proven work experience in a library
Note: This is a Child Related position and employment is subject to verification of the Working With Children Check status. The cost of obtaining a WWC clearance is at the applicant's expense.
Culture & Benefits
- Annual performance reviews and Award increases
- Opportunity to signup and become a fitness passport member
- Various health & well-being initiatives (skin checks, flu vaccinations, etc)
How to Apply
Apply now using our fast, easy to use on-line application process. In addition to answering the questions shown below, this position requires you to attach your resume to complete the application process. Please note you are not required to submit a cover letter or a statement addressing selection criteria.
Interested? Like to know more? Please see the Position Description for more information or call Vanessa Henderson on (02) 9952 8320 for a confidential discussion.
Closing Date: Sunday 9th August 2020 at 11:30 pm
City of Ryde is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer