Library Assistant (Part-Time) 14 hours per week
- Reference Number: S100-20-336
- Closing Date: 09-10-2020
- Employment Type: Temporary Part Time (12 months )
Part-Time (14 hours per week) - Temporary Position (up to 12 months)
About the Role
Do you enjoy helping the community? We are seeking a Library Assistant with exceptional customer service skills. Day to day activities include Library circulation, working with Library products and services, programs and events, basic technology assistance, and operating the Mobile Library vans to deliver services autonomously at locations throughout Wollondilly Shire.
The successful applicant will also assist with technical services support, such as statistics collection and basic cataloguing. See the Position Description for further information.
Working at Wollondilly Shire Council means you will be provided with a flexible and inclusive working environment that provides a positive, productive and highly skilled workforce where every employee has the opportunity to learn and grow.
You will help to achieve our vision to make Wollondilly an even better place, together. You will also live our corporate values of Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect and Embrace Innovation.
Salary and Conditions
- Temporary Part-Time position (14 hours per week, for up to 12 Months)
- Ability to work on a Monday – Sunday roster as required, with standard days being Thursday and Friday.
- Salary commencing from $30.40 an hour, commensurate with the skills and experience of the successful applicant
- 9.5% Superannuation
- Health and Wellbeing Programs
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities
Essential Experience and Minimum Qualifications
- Work experience in a library environment
- Current Class C Drivers Licence and Working with Children Check
Personal Attributes, Communication and Team Work
- Demonstrated experience of working well within a team environment
- Ability follow instruction, work autonomously, and communicate professionally
- Ability and commitment to work in Council’s customer service point rosters, including potential roster extensions across the span of Monday-Sunday
- Demonstrated commitment to the provision of high quality customer service
Level of Planning, Problem Solving and Budget
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and prioritise tasks
- Demonstrated ability to use a range of Library information resources, and a willingness to provide assistance, training and support to library customers in the use of office, library and emerging technologies
- Demonstrated ability to manage financial transactions in a customer service setting
- Demonstrated understanding of services offered by public libraries and their relationship with communities
- Aptitude for basic cataloguing and technology assistance
- Willingness to assist and deliver Children’s and Adults programs
Further Information: Jacob Cramer, Acting Technology Services Coordinator on (02) 4677 9647
Closing Date: 5.00pm Friday, 9 October 2020.
To be considered for this position, candidates must apply via Council’s website: Wollondilly Employment Opportunities and answer the position specific selection criteria as listed in this advertisement. Those not addressing the selection criteria will not be considered.
Preferred applicants will be required to undertake a pre-placement medical. This includes drug and alcohol screening. The preferred applicant may also be required to undertake a Police Background Check, Credential Check and Bankruptcy Check.
‘Wollondilly Shire Council is committed to Workplace Diversity’
- View The Job Description (Library Assistant PD - 5 September 20201.pdf)
- Preview The Position Requirements