Library Assistant (x2)
- Supportive Work/Life Balance
- $44.55 per hour (LGIA Stream A Level 2) + Superannuation
- Location – Various
Your new role
Council are looking for energetic and customer focused Casual Library Assistants who know what it means to work in a modern library.
You will be enthusiastic and have great people skills while being responsible for providing quality customer service to diverse members of the community.
You may work across a range of library areas in Client and Collection Services including circulation, technology assistance, processing, Home Delivery and shelving.
As this is a casual position there are no set hours and you will work on an ‘as needs’ basis to meet the requirements of the position. You will have the ability to work on call, working weekend shifts as well as working at different sites in accordance with the library roster.
This position requires the completion of a satisfactory Criminal History Check - Police Certificate (Australia Wide Name Only Police Check).
What we are looking for
- Ability to work ad hoc shifts including evening and weekend shifts as per the library roster across the any of our four libraries in the Rockhampton Region.
- Highly effective communication skills to relate to children, teenagers, adults and seniors.
- Passion for providing excellent customer service to the community.
- An interest in public libraries, digital technologies, and a commitment to promoting reading literacy and lifelong learning.
- Ability to undertake physical work that involves regular and repetitive movements.
What you'll get in return
As an employee of Rockhampton Regional Council, you will join a diverse and innovative team of more than 900 employees supported by good leadership, who proudly deliver services and make a difference to the lives of people living and working within the region.
- Supportive Work/Life Balance
- A large employer with a strong values driven culture
- A generous superannuation scheme – Up to 18% superannuation (conditions apply)
- Wages paid fortnightly
- Employee Assistance Program
- Fitness Passport and active social clubs
What you need to do next
To apply for this opportunity, please submit two documents:
1. A (2-3 page) Cover Letter addressing the Application Criteria below;
2. Your Current resume.
- Passion for libraries with a commitment to promoting a positive image of Library Services and encourage increased Library usage.
- Interest in new and emerging technologies, their promotion and application in libraries, with a willingness to learn and support clients with their use.
- Customer focus attributes including the ability to respond promptly and courteously to a diverse range of customers and service needs with knowledge of library services, products, collections and self-service.
- Ability to work in a team environment and display a positive attitude.
Please use Council’s cover letter template and ensure you clearly label each Application Criteria in your cover letter.
Click the ‘Apply’ button above to complete your online application.
Applications Close: Tuesday 5 October 2021 at Midnight (AEST)