Library Assistants (Weekend)
Job No: GR210925 | Location: Hurstville
About Our Council
Georges River Council is a leading, people-focused organisation delivering outstanding results for our community and city. Our council is dedicated to helping protect our natural environment, providing vibrant public places, sustaining and developing a thriving creative culture and enabling people to move around the area easily. We offer access to a mix of housing options, create exciting job and business opportunities. We are experiencing exciting transformation, with numerous city-changing initiatives and projects underway.
Georges River Libraries employs approx. 65 staff who work across five libraries. All our staff are committed to and passionate about working with our local community to provide them with innovative and accessible resources.
Our purpose is to deliver professional public library services with open access to information and places for the whole community to come together to share ideas, knowledge and experiences. The way we fulfil our role has been and will continue to be transformed by the changing face of our diverse community as well as advances in online sources of information and digital opportunities. We will maintain a special focus on the principles of sustainability, accessibility and the professional development of our staff.
About the Opportunity
- 2 x Permanent part-time positions available:
- Sunday (5.5 hours per week)
- Saturday (5.5 hours per week) and Sunday (3 hours per week)
- Salary from $54,459.27 - $63,097.81 per annum (pro rata) plus 10% superannuation
- Wellness perks including, free counselling, flu vaccinations, health-checks, gym subsidy and more
- Deliver innovative services that promote and support our community.
An exciting opportunity has become available for an enthusiastic Library Assistant to join our dynamic and busy Library Services Team. The successful candidate will support the services and programs of the Library Service by providing effective and efficient operation across Council's library services.
- High level of interpersonal and customer service skills and experience
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Demonstrated high level computer literacy skills
- Experience working with diverse target groups
- Experience in event support
- Experience working in a library using an automated Library Management System
- Must have received two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine prior to commencement of employment with Georges River Council, except where a medical contraindication certificate is provided.
If you would like further information on this role, please contact Emma Atherton, Acting Coordinator Library Customer Experience on 02 9330 9473.
If you have made a positive commitment to further your career and you possess the attributes located in the Position Description, then please submit your application today. Applicants are asked to ensure that they provide responses to the targeted questions, failure to do so may result in your application not being considered.
Applications must be completed and submitted via our website. Closing Date: Monday 25 October 2021 at 11:30pm AEST
Offers of employment at Georges River Council are contingent upon satisfactory results of a thorough background check.
Georges River Council aims to be a leading, people-focused organisation delivering outstanding results for our community and city. We foster our values of Accountability, Professionalism, Unity and Honesty and take pride in promoting the image of Council in the community.
We are committed to building a workplace culture that values diversity and inclusion, and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, workers of all ages, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
At Georges River Council we are committed to putting children first and championing child safety within our community. We actively advocate for the rights of children and young people and will uphold our commitment as a child safe organisation.
Please note you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or a permanent resident or have unlimited working rights (with no Visa restrictions) in Australia to apply for this position.