Library Branch Team Leader
Reference number: 13590
Closing date: 11:45pm, Sunday 9 May 2021
- Reference Number: 13590
- Position Title: Library Branch Team Leader
- Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
- Directorate: Service Delivery
- Department: Community Development
- Location: Sam Merrifield Library
- Banding: BAND 6A-6D
- Permanent Full-Time Position
- Salary $88,928.45 - $98,762.95 per annum plus 9.5% superannuation. Salary commensurate with experience.
- Work as part of Council’s Library and Learning leadership team
About Moonee Valley City Council’s Libraries
Moonee Valley City Council provides library services at five locations across the municipality; Ascot Vale Library, Avondale Heights Library and Learning Centre, Flemington Library, Niddrie Library and Sam Merrifield Library (Moonee Ponds). Services include availability and loans of books and other materials, collection management, information provision, access to computers and the internet, online services and programs and events.
You will contribute to the provision of a high-quality library service to the community, with a focus on managing the daily operations of the Sam Merrifield Library in Moonee Ponds. Working as part of Council’s Library and Learning leadership team, you will contribute to the planning, development and implementation of library policy and strategic direction across the municipality, with a particular focus on library outreach services.
- Uphold and communicate public library values such as the free flow of information and ideas, inclusion and equity and the provision of lifelong learning;
- Participate in the provision of the Library and Learning service as a member of the leadership team by providing input into policy and planning;
- Manage branch staff by providing advice, leadership and support, in addition to maintaining an annual review and staff development program;
- Facilitate the running of outreach programs and events; and,
- Ensure a high standard of customer service within branches.
Skills & Experience
- Tertiary qualification acceptable for professional membership (Librarian) of the Australian Library and Information Association (ALIA);
- Demonstrated relevant experience in a leadership position in public libraries;
- Ability to manage resources efficiently leading to the provision of excellent customer service;
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects on time and to budget;
- Expertise in the operation of library outreach activities;
- Well-developed skills in the use of Information Technology, online resources, software, computer and mobile technologies applicable in a library environment; and,
- Current Working With Children Check or willingness to obtain.
At Moonee Valley City Council, we provide a number of benefits to our valued employees including:
- Flexible work opportunities
- Local Government Employees Health Plan
- Novated vehicle leasing
- Employee assistance programs / phone or in person counselling services
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted through our online system https://mooneevalley.mercury.com.au/ and should be in line with the Moonee Valley City Council Application Guide found at the bottom of the advertisement. Applications that do not meet these requirements may not be considered.
For further information, please view the Position Description or contact Nicola Klein, Coordinator Technology and Operations on (03) 9243 1919.
Our Culture of Inclusion
If you are interested in the role but feel you may not meet the full range of selection criteria, we encourage you to contact us to discuss your experience and application for this position.
We don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our services and our community. With a focus on inclusion, accessibility and flexibility, we'll support you at every stage of your career. We recognise the importance of balance and embrace work agility, understanding that this means different things to each and every one of our employees.
Moonee Valley City Council is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Child Safe employer and we value diversity and encourage people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds, people of any age or gender, people identifying as lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans and gender diverse, intersex and/or queer (LGBTIQA+) and people with disability. If you have a reasonable adjustment, support or access requirement, we encourage you to let us know through your application or email H2@mvcc.vic.gov.au or call 9243 1122.
- Essential: 1. Tertiary qualification acceptable for professional membership (Librarian) of the Australian Library and Information Association (ALIA).
- Essential: 2. Demonstrated relevant experience in a leadership position in public libraries.
- Essential: 3. Demonstrated ability to manage resources efficiently leading to the provision of excellent customer service.
- Essential: 4. Demonstrated ability to evaluate and analyse services to support continuous improvement.
- Essential: 5. Demonstrated ability to manage projects on time and to budget.
- Essential: 6. Demonstrated ability of running successful outreach programs and events, bringing library services to the broader community
- Essential: 7. Well-developed skills in the use of Information Technology, online resources, software, computer and mobile technologies applicable in a library environment.
- Essential: 8. Current Working With Children Check, or willingness to obtain.
Contact Person: Nicola Klein | Contact Number: (03) 9243 1919
Alternate Contact Person: Celia Rice | Alternate Contact Number: (03) 9243 1904
Closing Date: 09/05/2021
Position Description available above under Document/s
Application Guide: View Guide