Location: Manor Lakes
- Rewarding role leading our Manor Lakes Library!
- Permanent full-time hours, Manor Lakes based
- Salary from $91,063.04 plus super and fortnightly RDO
Our people are hard at work designing the precincts, building the infrastructure, developing the policies and delivering the programs that will ensure the City is prepared to welcome over 200,000 new residents by 2040.
Shape new possibilities. Be part of something more.
A bit about the role
The position of branch Library Coordinator at the Manor Lakes Community Learning Centre Library is an exciting leadership role responsible for the provision of a broad range of high-quality Library services to the community. Your positive and professional approach will have you oversee the day to day operations of the Library branch and ensure the delivery of quality front line services in line with Library policies and procedures.
In the new ‘COVID normal’, public libraries are more important than ever to enhance social and economic participation with access to digital resources and support for education and training. As Library Coordinator, play a leading role in delivering these great services to the Wyndham community!
Wyndham City Libraries are invested in providing quality Library services that meet the needs of our community. We are committed to remaining ahead of the curve when it comes to future trends in Library service delivery and this role underpins the success in providing the services our customers know and love.
- Provide leadership, motivation and support for staff towards the achievement of service goals and objectives
- Manage the branch roster including leave allocation and timesheet processing
- Support and promote the learning and engagement opportunities available at the Library to the Community
- Work closely with other Library Team members and Community Centre occupants to realise the vision of community participation, lifelong learning, cultural development and well-being
- Actively participate in the planning and leadership of Wyndham City Libraries as part of the Library leadership team
What you’ll bring
- Continual improvement mindset, ensuring library services are effectively meeting community needs
- Demonstrated leadership experience, public library experience highly desirable
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Customer-centric approach, tailoring library services to achieve great outcomes for the Wyndham community
- Ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively as part of the broader Libraries team
- Tertiary qualification in Library or Information Management or equivalent
- A positive, curious and flexible mind
Be part of something more
Take a look at our job opportunities and you may be surprised at what you discover: a future-focused culture, a sense of purpose and possibility, and real opportunities to strengthen our diverse community. It all adds up to make Wyndham City a great place to belong.
Our people are our most valued asset. We are focused on building a culture that empowers every person to do their best work. Flexibility is built right into our DNA and we are committed to cultivating an inclusive workplace that celebrates a diverse workforce. Ask us how this role can be worked.
So, are you ready to shape new possibilities?
If you think this role might be for you, we want to hear from you. Please apply by following the links and sending us a cover letter and your resume. We do not require any selection criteria to be addressed.
To find out more about the role, please contact Tracey Dunshea, Coordinator Library Operations on (03) 8734 2626.
Applications will be accepted until Sunday 22 November 2020
- Employee Status: Permanent
- Schedule: Full-time
- Position Description: PD Current - City Life - LCL - Library Coordinator