Applications closing on 18 June 2021, 05:00 PM
- Reference Number: DGM-LB-01
- Job Type: Contract (Long Term)
- Package: $90,765 -$97,203 plus superannuation
- Position Description: Library-Coordinator-TFT-DGM-LB-01-May-2021.pdf(PDF, 121KB)
LIBRARY COORDINATOR – Temporary full-time (up to max. 2 years)
Base salary $90,765 -$97,203 plus superannuation
Council is seeking a suitably qualified applicant to fill the temporary full-time role of Library Coordinator.
We have an exciting career opportunity as Library Coordinator, to lead the Library Services team in delivering high-quality library programs/ information resources/ services and learning programs that support learning, literacy and social inclusion for community members and visitors to the city.
Reporting directly to the Director Corporate, you will support Broken Hill City Council in maximising innovative and cost-effective services that meet community needs, as well as developing long-term goals of the Library within a framework which takes account of the changing nature of the delivery of library services in the twenty-first century.
As an experienced leader, you are adept at managing team workflows to meet the desired outcomes and can engage key stakeholders to implement change. You will have demonstrated experience in budget preparation and monitoring, staff/volunteer performance management, and project coordination. You create high-performance workplaces in a customer driven environment.
We are seeking an individual that has a previous experience mentoring staff and leading by example. Your values will closely align with Council’s adopted values Accountability, Perseverance, Pride, Courage & Honesty, Teamwork, and you will thrive on the opportunity to drive collaboration, innovation, and enthusiasm.
At Broken Hill City Council, we invest in our people through supported leadership development programs, coaching and targeted training initiatives.
The ideal candidate will possess and be able to demonstrate the following:
- A ‘can do’ attitude focused on delivering outcomes.
- Commitment to a values and behaviours leadership model and a preparedness to ‘Play your Role’.
- Building a culture where the ‘organisation wide’ adopted values and behaviours of the organisation are championed.
- Commitment to embracing Councils customer service framework and to ‘Think like the Customer’.
- Commitment to continuous improvement and embracing change.
- Have a commitment to the liveability of our community.
Benefits working for Council include:
- Generous Award Conditions including 5 weeks annual leave
- Corporate Health and Wellbeing programs
- Employee growth and career development opportunities
- Salary packaging options
- Social Clubs
Job reference: DGM-LB-01
Any questions about the role can be directed to Razija Nu’man, Director Corporate, on (08) 8080 3387
To apply for this role, use the application FORM and provide Council with a cover letter (no more than 5 pages) that focusses on the essential requirements of the role; demonstrates your successes in previous roles, and an up to date CV with at least two current referees.
Applications close Friday 18 June 2021 at 5pm (ACST)
Broken Hill City Council promotes a workplace that actively seeks to include, welcome and value unique contributions of all people. People from indigenous backgrounds, people from culturally diverse backgrounds, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require any adjustments to assist you with your application or would like to discuss the position further, please contact Council’s HR Department on (08) 8080 3351.
Please note that the selection process can commence before the closing date and that the preferred candidate can be selected based on application and referee checks only.