- Enjoy work life balance
- $89,977 base per year + Super
- Applications close midnight 17 February 2022
The Snowy Monaro Regional Library has been servicing the residents and visitors of the Monaro and Snowy Mountain areas since 1963. We pride ourselves on offering exceptional library services. We are seeking an experienced Library Coordinator to join our team who will help to continue this important community service.
This is a full time role (35 hours per week) based in beautiful Cooma. This position would be suited to a motivated person with excellent communication skills, leadership experience and a background in library management.
Key Responsibilities include:
The Library Coordinator reports into the Manager of Community Services. Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Inform the decision making of the Management Team to support service delivery and the governance and administration of the council.
- Coordinate work programs and plans to deliver the principal activities of the Operational Plan to meet community and organisational priorities.
- Monitor, review and report on goals and performance measures that link community needs and organisational priorities to service delivery.
- Coordinate the resources (time, finance, assets, people) and activities of the Library Services to carry out the principal activities of the Operational Plan efficiently, effectively and safely.
- Guide and facilitate the team’s contribution and the operational performance of the council to improve service quality, accessibility and responsiveness.
- Maintain adopted policies, procedures, processes and systems of work, and hold team leaders and team members accountable to apply them when carrying out their work.
Essential Requirements include:
- Degree qualification in Library and Information Science or a related discipline with demonstrated contemporary experience in a similar role; or substantial contemporary experience in a similar role, coupled with ongoing professional development to support contemporary knowledge.
- Experience in library management and library collection management
- Proven ability in financial management and business planning
- High level of skills/knowledge of relevant information technology
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and supervise staff
- Strong commitment to customer focused service
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Be part of an organisation that is work-life balance oriented
- Build a lifelong meaningful career in a key regional area of NSW
Applications close midnight Thursday 17 February 2022
At Snowy Monaro Regional Council, we are committed to providing EEO and embracing diversity. We are an inclusive workforce which reflects the unique region, community, and customers we serve. In addition to providing an encouraging and positive environment, Council is a smoke free work environment.
Please advise us if you require any reasonable adjustments to fully participate in the recruitment process or perform the requirements of the role.
Position Description available under Document/s above