Library Customer Experience Manager
- Lead the delivery of day-to-day high quality customer focused library services and programs
- Play a key leadership role contributing to policy, planning and shaping the future direction of Library services
- Generous Leave benefits and Health & Wellbeing programs available
The intensity of growth and investment in City of Parramatta means that Council, their partners, and community have a once-in-a-generation opportunity to shape the City’s future and ensure it is culturally, socially, environmentally, and economically sustainable.
About the role
A new strategic direction for City of Parramatta Library Services Unit has resulted in several new exciting leadership roles on offer! We are undergoing significant transformative change which brings opportunity for innovation, progressive thinking and being able to deliver first class services to our community.
The newly created Library Customer Experience Manager role x 2 (Phive and Library Network) will support the Library Services Manager with ensuring world class customer service experience across the library’s network of seven branches and website.
Leading the delivery of day-to-day high quality customer focused library services and programs at Phive or across the Branch Network, the Library Customer Experience Manager will ensure every interaction is an opportunity to build positive connections between customers and the City of Parramatta.
This is a key people leader role and as part of the library leadership team will contribute to policy, planning and shaping the future direction of library services
The successful candidate will need to possess the following:
- Degree qualification in information science/librarianship, or a related discipline; and relevant demonstrable experience in a leadership role
- Eligible for professional membership of the Australian Library and Information Association
- Significant operational experience in library branch management, with a proven track record of achieving strategic objectives
- Significant experience in leading diverse, multidisciplinary teams and delivering services to a high standard to meet financial and other business performance criteria
- Extensive experience in the curation, planning and delivery of library customer experience initiatives
- Exceptional ability to communicate, negotiate, build relationships and influence others with an engaging approach and technique
- High level complex problem-solving skills
What’s on offer
We are offering an attractive remuneration package from $125,630.47 to $138,296.38 (Includes Salary + Super).
In addition City of Parramatta also offer excellent employee benefits which include:
- 14 weeks paid parental leave
- Access to Long Service Leave after 5 years
- Central Parramatta location (Public transport at our door, discounted parking)
- Significant leave benefits (up to 12 days flexi-time, 3 additional leave days at Christmas, 15 days sick/personal leave, 2 days health and wellbeing leave per year)
- Learning and Development opportunities
- Health and Wellbeing programs (Fitness Passport, Flu Shots, Skin Cancer Checks)
- And much, much more!
Want to know more?
Further information regarding the requirements of this role can be found in the attached Position Description, alternatively for a confidential discussion please email email@example.com
How to apply
Candidates MUST apply online by clicking 'begin' below. Applications close 10am, Monday 4 July 2022 and will not be accepted through any other medium.
This position requires the preferred candidate to undergo a Criminal History Records check. A criminal history does not necessarily disqualify a prospective candidate from selection.
The City of Parramatta supports a Drug and Alcohol free working environment and employees may be subject to random testing as a result.
City of Parramatta Council embraces diversity, and we encourage all applicants; including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, gender diverse, LGBTIQ, veterans and culturally diverse communities to join Council. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process and supportive workplace.
Please note you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or a permanent resident or have unlimited working rights in Australia to apply for this position.
How to apply:
- If you have NOT registered with our Online Application System, you can begin your Application by clicking the 'Begin' button.
- If you are unsure if you have registered before, click here and follow the steps.
- FORGOTTEN YOUR LOGIN DETAILS? click here and follow the steps.
- If you have already registered, click on the Login button in the top right hand corner of this screen.
- Preview Application Form