Library Digital Innovation Officer
Reference Number: S100-23-1020 | Closing Date: 29-11-2023 | Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
- $79,834 to $99,074 plus 11% superannuation
- Permanent full time position with a rostered day off (RDO) every three weeks
- Located at Double Bay Library, short walk from Edgecliff train station
Woollahra is an area steeped in natural beauty and heritage appealing to residents, businesses and visitors who enjoy its many parks, waterfront locations and historic buildings. Our people come from a diverse range of backgrounds and professions creating a dynamic workforce of over 400 staff members
About the role
Woollahra Council has an exciting new role for a Digital Innovation Officer to join our dedicated and dynamic team at Woollahra Libraries team on a permanent full-time basis.
This role will drive digital innovation to ensure that the Libraries' digital resources have seamless discoverability through the curation of interactive experiences for the community. The Digital Innovation Officer will work closely with the IT, Collections and Local History teams and support the delivery of digital transformation projects including the integration of digital library collections into physical spaces.
Library customer service is a key component of this role and you will actively participate in working on the Library floor so a passion for the community and delivering exceptional customer service is essential.
We are looking for a self-motivated and innovative professional with exceptional IT and problem solving skills who is enthusiastic about digital library collections and delivering excellence in a state of the art Library Service. You will be a high achiever with:
- Library Technician Diploma from TAFE or University Information Studies or Information and Knowledge Management (or equivalent).
- Demonstrated high levels and experience in supporting digital collections, online services and technology in a library or similar environment.
- Demonstrated experience in digital curation and the promotion of digital cultural assets.
- Working knowledge of current and innovative technology trends that can be applied to a library environment.
- Proven ability to develop and deliver training to staff and customers in the use of digital collections.
- Demonstrated understanding of digitisation, metadata and cataloguing.
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills with the ability to effectively liaise, consult and communicate with a wide range of stakeholders.
- An enthusiastic and engaging approach to providing excellent customer service.
- Current Working with Children check.
- Demonstrated understanding of EEO and WH&S.
- Demonstrated ability to undertake the physical requirements of the position as outlined in Section 7 of the position description.
What’s in it for you?
We promote equal access to opportunities within the organisation and we pride ourselves on creating a safe and engaging working environment.
We are dedicated to looking after our staff, because if we look after our people, we will be better placed to look after our community.
Eligible staff will be entitled to some of the following benefits:
Three weekly RDO
Subsidised gym membership through Fitness Passport with access to 810+ fitness facilities
Generous personal leave provisions (E.g. Long Service Leave after 5 years’ of continuous service, Parental Leave, Health & Wellbeing Days, Study Leave)
High quality training and development opportunities
How to apply
- Apply on line by clicking this link.
- You will be asked to demonstrate how you meet each of the selection criteria.
- If you have a separate statement addressing the selection criteria, please upload it as a cover letter and simply refer to it in the online questionnaire.
- You will be able to upload 2 documents only.
- For information on applying for Council jobs, please refer to Link here
- For further information about the role, please contact Denise Syme, Library Resource Management Coordinator on (02) 9391 7957 during business hours.
- Our preference is for applications to be submitted online, however, we will accept hard copy applications addressed to Human Resources, Woollahra Council, PO Box 61, Double Bay, NSW, 1360.
CLOSING DATE: 11:59PM on Wednesday 29 November 2023
Woollahra Council is committed to responding to its responsibilities under the Work Health and Safety Act 2011 in undertaking all measures that are reasonably practical to ensure the health and safety of all our workers. As of 1st December 2021, new employees must be fully vaccinated (minimum two doses) with an approved COVID-19 vaccine and provide evidence seven days prior to commencement.
Should an applicant indicate that they wish to seek an exemption on medical or other grounds, they will need to provide evidence of their circumstances such as an accepted certified medical contraindication.
Woollahra Council is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
We are committed to reconciliation and strongly encourage all applicants, including, but not limited to, Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, young people, mature aged workers, LGBTIQ and other minority groups to apply.
If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application.