Library Digital Support Officer (Dalby Library)
- Reference Number: 1359
- Closing Date: 30-09-2021
- Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
- Location: Dalby MyAll 107 (Library)
A region the size of Tasmania, just 2.5 hours west of Brisbane and an easy drive from the Sunshine and Gold Coasts, the Western Downs has a growing population of over 34,000 people.
The region’s diverse economy, vibrant active communities and the extensive infrastructure and multi-billion dollar energy investments are ensuring that the Western Downs continues to go from strength-to-strength.
Western Downs Regional Council is one of only a handful of Council’s in the state of Queensland to be debt-free.
Council is very proud of this immense achievement which it had been working towards since 2015, proving itself to be one of the most financially prudent Councils in Queensland.
About the Role
Based out of what will be the newly fully redeveloped MyALL 107 Cultural Precinct in Dalby, you will contribute towards the operational objectives of Western Downs Libraries with particular emphasis on scoping, development and delivery of quality digital public programs, the maintenance of the Library Service's online profile, and a hands on support for Library-specific digital systems.
Reporting to the Library Services Coordinator, you will:
- Coordinate the development and implementation of actions to support our Library's 'Fostering Digital Participation' Strategic Theme;
- Research, identify, trial and make recommendations on emerging new technologies, customer service innovations and new eResources;
- Oversee and administer the acquisition, distribution, installation and maintenance of digital and other resources relevant to public programming and library services; and
- Deliver training to internal staff to enhance their digital literacy skills.
The successful applicant will have:
- A Certificate IV, Diploma or Tertiary qualification in Library & Information, Education, Media, Technology or related field;
- Advanced digital literacy skills in general and library specific technologies;
- A demonstrated ability for design thinking, initiative and creativity; and
- Knowledge and understanding of programming languages and game development engines, and public program delivery.
What we offer:
- Relocation assistance of $5,000 may be approved for the successful candidate if relocating from the region
- Work/life balance with 9 day fortnight or optional 19 day month
- Salary Packaging available - Motor Vehicles, Superannuation, Remote Area Housing (Rent), Fuel, Gas and Electricity
- Access to Corporate Health Plan
- Health & Wellbeing program
- Job security in a Local Government position
- Locality Allowance
- Living & Working in the Western Downs:
If you are ready to bring your passion for digital literacy and library specific technologies to our dynamic library team, this role is for you.
TOGETHER WE MAKE A REAL DIFFERENCE.
Applications close at 5.00pm AEST Thursday 30 September 2021.
Take a look at the MyALL 107 Cultural Precinct Redevelopment here: https://www.wdrc.qld.gov.au/living-here/our-communities/major-projects/myall-107/
The recruitment process includes candidates completing a pre-employment health declaration and you may be required to undergo a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol testing.
Applicants for this position agree to WDRC conducting an independent employment check you’re your current (or most recent) employer prior to your formal appointment to the advertised position.
Western Downs Regional Council reserves the right to close or withdraw vacancies before the advertised closing date, or extend, without prior notice.